Character has tax epic, but shop stand shows 10% tax (resolved)

My character, who is not the beacon owner but has full permissions at beacon, has tax epic and the correct skill page active.

When placing items, or adjusting prices, the tax stays at 10%.

The beacon owner also has the tax epic on a skill page.

I’m pretty sure this has come up before, but still seems to be an issue.

Perhaps a case for making some skills universal across all skill pages, but not deducting from the individual skill pages pool of points?

After you hit accept does it change the values if you check it again? That’s what it does for me

Did the beacon owner have the tax epic active the last time they visited that beacon?

No, it stays the same regardless of what I do.

Removed item, replaced, changed price, left Eaton and returned!

That I could not say for certain.

However, if a char has full permissions I would hope that their skill would activate the tax too, not just the beacon owner?

But perhaps not.

Nope, the beacon decides the tax rate, and the beacon tax rate is updated when the owner visits it. The upside is that you can manage your shop with any character and only the beacon owner has to have the tax epic.

That could be what has happened, it’s a bit of a pain, but at least I know what is required now.

Just swapped to the beacon owner and looks like it was in the area without the tax page active, so that looks to be the case.

1 Like