Chat bubbles yes or no

Yep.

We’ll share more at some point :wink:

PS: You’ll all have to decode it first.

4 Likes

Well guess i have to learn a new language then. that is such a cool idea xD

EDIT: now i really hope we get a system that allows us to write notes ingame, would be so cool if we could make ingame translations books rather than people having to use the internet :smiley:

3 Likes

Yea me too^^ Although I have to learn so many languages at the moment xD

Hmm, decode it? Sounds like the good old times in Myst or Riven. There was a time I could write D’ni-letters ad quickly as Roman ones :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wasn’t sure if I explained that understandable so I made a short (and bad) sketch to show what I mean;

(had to cut the end off because the forum only allows upload up to 3MB)

So it’s like a shortcut to the chatwindow with that person?

Yeah something like that.
I had in mind that if someone writes something he gets this “bubble” on his head and if you move with you mouse over this “bubble” it expands to a “chat-log”.

2 Likes

Yea but it should be connected between two people. Or else someone could write something at the same time as you and both would answert in the other chat window^^

1 Like

It´s just a really basic idea and yes you are right, those windows/bubbles should be restricted to certain players/groups.
There could also be a public visible windows for commands or trade offers (/yell || /shout)

Maybe the window in my animation is already only visible for the addressed player, who knows? :smile:

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Love the background story :nyhappy:

2 Likes

Here’s a little teaser for some of the Oort language:

4 Likes

hmm… made in cubes. that is so genius xD

So it seems that the system looks like this

You can make lines between the dots within the ruleset, in number 1 of official picture it can be seen that the lines doesnt have to touch the sides, it also seems there is no limitation on having the line go out multiple times on the same side.

However in these examples there are 2 things that can be seen:

1. there are no diagonal lines. which is why i havent put dots in the corners.

2. all of the lines in the cube have to be connected, meaning that this

wouldnt work.

Really curious as to how it will turn out, but this is just pure speculation from what i can see.

1 Like

May be it’s to be explained with math like the language and numbers of the D’ni of Myst ^^

1 Like

That’s not a rule. @ben just didn’t include an example with disconnected sections.

Alright, then that is out of the picture. thanks for telling :smiley:

i look forward to seeing how it works, but if it is its own language with other rules then it might get pretty hard to learn… or is it more like a code that translates to english words?

Here’s an example:

Won’t tell you what it means, that will be for you lot to work out :wink:

3 Likes

(You’re not expected to work out what they mean in isolation, they’ll be presented with context)

Ahh alright. thanks.

but i am right in no diagonal lines right? or is that just another case you havent showed.

Also are you guys making it only to be read, or are you also making a system that allows the players to write using those symbols?

1 Like

Correct, no diagonals.