Chromis I Color Surveys - December - CLOSED

Hello again!

As you may know, the world [Chromis I] --[T3 - Rugged Lush Sovereign World]-- [Active] changes it’s colors based on community survey each month. For December’s color change, we will be doing the polling in two stages. First, we will pick a theme, then we will pick specific colors. Each survey will be open for one week.

Some blocks may not have perfect matches for the themes, but we’ll do our best to get close for each block!

Without further ado, our theme options for December!

• Winter (Pale blues, greens, pinks, and whites)
  • Christmas (Strong reds and greens)
  • Winter Cabin (Browns, greens, whites)
  • Nightmare Before Christmas (Blacks, whites, reds and greens)
  • Holiday Lights (Vivid everything)

0 voters

Feel free to discuss the themes, colors, and future theme suggestions!

5 Likes

Just a couple days left to vote on the theme. I’ll get the specific colors polls up some time Mondayish.

1 Like

Alright! It’s decided! The theme is Holiday Lights!

I did my best to get as bright of colors as possible for each option, focusing on colors that aren’t already available somewhere.

If you have a request for any block type (like flowers) not listed here, or if you don’t see a color you really love that fits the theme, PM me or put up a comment and I’ll try to make it happen.

It’s not perfect, but you can look up approximately what colors look like here: https://boundlessinfo.com/colours/world-control?colourMode=true

If this poll goes well, I’ll try to include reference images for the colors next month.

Gleam

• Teal
  • Vivid Blue
  • Vivid Lilac
  • Vivid Cherry
  • Violet
  • Vivid Teal

0 voters

Rocks

Metamorphic

• Dark Fuscia
  • Silk Berry
  • Stale Berry

0 voters

Igneous

• Hot Cherry
  • Warm Fuschia
  • Strong Magenta

0 voters

Sedimentary

• Vivid Slate
  • Deep Slate
  • Slate
  • Deep Azure

0 voters

Wood

Ancient

• Hot Magenta
  • Strong Magenta
  • Strong Cerulean
  • Dark Blue

0 voters

Twisted

• Vivid Green
  • Strong Green
  • Vivid Turquoise
  • Strong Turquoise
  • Deep Viridian

0 voters

Lustrous

• Silk Lilac
  • Oxide Blue
  • Dark Berry

0 voters

Sand

• Night Lilac
  • Dark Violet
  • Hot Cherry
  • Bright Yellow

0 voters

Gravel

• Night Azure
  • Dark Lilac
  • Silk Turquoise
  • Night Berry

0 voters

Glacier

• Vivid Moss
  • Hot Magenta
  • Silk Cobalt
  • Dark Green

0 voters

Foliage

Lush

• Vivid Violet
  • Vivid Cerulean
  • Strong Turquoise
  • Hot Orange

0 voters

Exotic

• Strong Magenta
  • Viridian
  • Hot Magenta
  • Deep Slate

0 voters

Waxy

• Deep Cerulean
  • Deep Lilac
  • Vivid Red
  • Vivid Turquoise
  • Deep Orange

0 voters

Grass

Verdant

• Deep Fuchsia
  • Strong Cobalt
  • Strong Lavender

0 voters

Barbed

• Strong Magenta
  • Deep Cerulean
  • Strong Viridian

0 voters

Gnarled

• Strong Magenta
  • Azure
  • Vivid Fuchsia

0 voters

Soil

Silty

• Violet
  • Teal
  • Deep Lilac
  • Vivid Violet

0 voters

Clay

• Hot Magenta
  • Strong Green
  • Deep Slate

0 voters

Peaty

• Strong Azure
  • Strong Viridian
  • Strong Magenta

0 voters

3 Likes

Even though its impractical to do so for all the colors, I suppose it would help if we had an idea of what exactly the colors look like?

Some of them sound so similar that its hard to imagine how different they would look by words alone.

3 Likes

Yeah, I tried to come up with a good way to do that, and I’m really not sure there is an easy way to do it.

I might write a script of some kind to generate the text & images of the colors for next month. I considered making images of them in creative, but that would take a very long time.

I did not respond to the above poll, but I would have if there were visual references for the colors

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

1 Like

We’re over halfway through the poll time. Colors will be changing Monday! Be sure to vote for your favorite colors!

1 Like

can i vote in a poll to add your gleam to the gleam farm hub :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ll PM you to see if we can figure something out.

1 Like

On the planet now and I love it. Looking forward to harvesting colors here often!

2 Likes

Thanks! We’re working on some renovations to the Welcome Center, including better information on where to get the main resources. Hopefully we’ll have most of it set up before the color change Monday.

Update:
We have tokens up for all major block types. Should have portals and more world info up by Monday
I’ll try to make sure we have some flower and mushroom info soon.

2 Likes

Hey @ Rydralain

These flower colors are not on any worlds at this time :slight_smile:

Glade: vivid blue
Clone: Silk Cobalt
Spine: Dark Cerulean
Ghost: Blue

2 Likes

Anyone want to come break these ties before the polls close? I’ll use a random number generator on any that stay tied.

1 Like

Colors are updated! The main [Chromis I] --[T3 - Rugged Lush Sovereign World]-- [Active] thread will be updated once I get the colors updated in the API.

Thanks for voting, everyone! We’re really happy with how the theme voting went this time! I’ll try to get a script set up for visual examples for next month.

Please put your theme suggestions for January here!

3 Likes

Luminous colors/pale colors for January is my suggestion! Think fuzzy blanket colors. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I concur 10 char.

1 Like

@InferiorRose & I discussed that and we’ll definitely have Fuzzy Blanket (muted colors) in the January theme poll.

I think there should be enough colors for most things to have a few options for each block. It would also be a nice change of flavor from the current… vibrant… setup…

So far we have that and the Winter Cabin (Browns, greens, whites) option in mind.

3 Likes

Last minute for theme suggestions. The holidays had me distracted and I forgot I need to put up a theme survey. I’ll put it up in 12-24 hours. Not sure if I’m making another new thread or continuing this one or the main Chromis post.

Ideas so far

• Fuzzy Blanket (muted colors)
  • Winter Cabin (Browns, greens, and whites)
  • Campfire (Blacks, browns, reds, oranges)
  • Winter (Pale blues, greens, pinks, and whites)

Oh, and the biggest hurdle for adding images to the color survey is that I would need images of each color. Does anyone happen to have this handy? It would have to be a separate file for each of the 255 colors.

1 Like

Stormy skies (greys, muted roses, ashens and rusts)

1 Like