Circarpous Hunts (MM)

So now i know about what my friend was talking about… ^^ he has been hunting for me while i keep building. And was complaining yesterday of some annoying player(s). And was cursing it was happening again today.
Had a good time after he closed their portal next to the active meteor. When “they” left.

He even asked me if @james needed oort to^^

No, I did. You said that bombs shouldn’t be able to be used within x amount of distance of the meteor. That in effect bans bombs within that zone. So without saying it you say it. Why? Because the use of the bombs are to corral the mobs and make them easier to target. The portals open almost directly over the meteors sometimes.

Don’t modify the way bombs are used at all. Punish the players intent on ruining others gameplay. That is the far simpler thing to do.

Also what part of my post is ‘not calm’? I just pointed something out. Sheesh.

2 Likes

Put this one on the pile for why you should have ingame moderators. And dont ban game mechanics please~

6 Likes

It was me trying to bring a bit of humour but I guess you didn’t get that. That’s why some posts are taken wrong and get out of hand…

Will leave it at that.

3 Likes

Hi! How is everyone? Hope all is well! Bye, goodnight and farewell :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Your Good @CrazyClaws :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hola @Ratchel Bob.

1 Like

While I do not condone these type of actions at all, I still wish we had methods to get Oort without needing a meteor. The meteors are awesome for hunts but being how critical they are, everyone is getting hurt huge by a system that might not be able to be protected in all ways.

1 Like

I sadly can’t think of a good way to fix the current issue with bomb trolling. I’ve seen it done with regular old tools as well. People just dig a 3x3 hole under the meteor so people fall. The most I’ve seen people able to do to mitigate is bring builders to hunt who have blocks and chisels to cover holes/chisel escape routes. Block towers to grapple to also help out, and it never hurts to just spam people with heal bombs if they’re in a pit.

2 Likes

I would mention regen bombs, but that would remove the grapple towers… :/’

1 Like

Record a video and PM James. I think its the only way and best solution for now :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I believe regen is disabled close to meteors now. It could help with far away holes I guess, depending on the regen protection radius :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

For the warp hijacking, which I’ve seen the “kid” do several times at different hunts, I’ve seen a hunt leader deal with this by laying a campfire first before the warp conduits. Then only the hunt leader could program and open the warp. We can grapple to prevent fall deaths, but we shouldn’t have to do this to protect ourselves from other players. I hope that we could find a game mechanic, or the devs could add one, that would allow people to play the game the way that they like WITHOUT impeding the game play of others. Bombs can help or bombs can hurt.

At first I wondered whether a forum post is the best method of calling attention to the problem, but now that I have thought on it for a little while, I think it is appropriate because this family isn’t the first to behave this way. There have been others that have trolled hunts in the same way over the last few months. This is just more extreme because it involves multiple people at once. The ability to grief in this way needs to be dealt with.

I’ve seen people try to reason with this family. I’ve had the mother contact me and say that her “child” isn’t capable of the trolling that I’d seen, and that someone else is trying to sully their names. Later I saw the “child” actively breaking the warp blocks that the hunt leader was trying to place. This problem has been going on for a few weeks and attempts at communication are failing. I’ve got a child the same age and she does not behave this way because I step in as a parent, take responsibility for my child’s actions, and deal with it.

This may be “just a game” but when actions impede the game play of others, it isn’t a game for them anymore. If the community has done all that it can do, and has failed, the next step is to beg the devs for a solution with both the griefers AND within the game mechanic so that the griefing won’t happen again from someone else. I hope that there’s a solution sooner rather than later.

8 Likes

Wow I did not know this is a thing…

Sorry but in my view if hunts are this chaos now we really need to look at Oort acquisition in a different way. It should be a mined resource and something that the average person can get without having to deal with people causing havok.

Meteors are a great group event and something that should stay but the result of the meteor should be something else entirely… something more “group” feeling for the reward.

1 Like

Every rule that is put into place by the dev’s just limits the options you have as players.

I don’t think this is a dev situation, it is a player situation.

1 Like

Do you have a solution, then, that does not involve devs?

2 Likes

https://ctb.ku.edu/en/table-of-contents/implement/provide-information-enhance-skills/conflict-resolution/main

hehe

1 Like

Good luck getting their “7 year old daughter” to read that.

1 Like

I think if someone chooses to interfere with the gameplay of others, even after receiving a warning, then they need to be banned - just like in any other game. If you don’t ban them, these bad actors will run off other players. People need the meteor hunts. If these people are interfering with people trying to hunt, & hunt leaders have to stop or postpone the hunts, then gameplay is being impeded. This should not be allowed to continue or it will taint the whole game.

7 year old kids will also sell drugs and steal wallets, if their parents teach them to do that - doesn’t mean we should just allow kids or families to do it. It’s still wrong and there should be consequences. Maybe ban the parents’ accounts, at least.

15 Likes