Circarpous Hunts (MM)

the game has a report system its just a slow method unlike overwatch that has a team dedicated to dealing with reports its just the devs so if the system gets flooded it can take awhile for a report to get looked at

I agrée and understand what you are saying. I was more thinking of the overwatch report system as a possible model for the future as the game grows. We are lucky right now to have hands on devs, this small team is probably overwhelmed with player having issues. Stuck between a rock and hard place to say the least.

1 Like

You are not the only group. We had our turn with these events. I suggested all bombs other than healing and buffs be disabled. This is the only way. Damage bombs are pretty much pointless anyways. Other than clearing land. No one uses them to actually attack monsters.

1 Like

I think preventing players from entering a hunt area would not be the easiest solution.

I propose we need a system where 1) a player assumes the hunt leader role and the game recognizes this role, 2) all destructive and regen bombs are auto disabled in the meteor area, 3) the hunt leader is able to give permissions to certain players to use bombs in the meteor radius.

Some problems with this idea are length of hunt leader status and possibly more than one player triggering the leader role.

1 Like

100% agree with all of what you say. I have been on the same hunts as you and witnessed this family trolling the hunt. Using their own child to do it, too, then pleading innocence. It is just incredibly boring, now. Broadcasting the hunt is bringing this family of trolls to the hunt. If we add all the regs to our friends list and pm everyone instead. Do ground hunts instead of platform and make the times a bit random and never the same planet everyday. Perhaps an extreme reaction, but it could work till the Devs do something? Just a thought.

If Oort could be mined then that would solve this problem and as you say, make it more accessible to the gamers in general. It being the only way to fuel portals is fine, but making it this hard to get is not fine. Especially when people can ruin the hunt. It is making the hunt something I no longer look forward to. It is good for creature drops, but Oort is priority for most and it is not a fun experience anymore.

1 Like

I would consider options like you mention only if it was a larger group decision. I don’t want to see the reverse trolling option maybe come into play where game players are not allowed to participate because a group of people don’t like them.

There is a difference between controlling bad behavior and that of giving people power over others that might be mis-used. If we had raids and groups that would be a different story, but right now Boundless is more of a open participation model.

1 Like

@cagian and I were wondering where you’ve been! I can’t say I blame you, Darth. A break seems sensible. :+1:

1 Like

Yes, I like this.

Remove the dozens and dozens of eyesore sky boxes and do ground hunts.

How’d this turn from stopping trolls to destory hunt platforms? There’s nothing at all wrong with platform hunts.

3 Likes

No. I don’t want platforms removed at all, I never said that. I meant as a temporary solution until the trolling is dealt with. Just so we’re clear.

2 Likes

Agreed. Platforms belong to people and have just as much right to be there as any other build. :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you. I really enjoy running platform hunts. I found it helpful when they came to the game. When I used to ground hunt with people, used to hear about people getting left behind, feeling left out because they couldn’t keep up with the group. We as a group stay together, warp together, and reap the rewards as a team.

4 Likes

I’m a huge platform fan, and I love the amount of time it saves using them… but, there is much to be said about a good ground hunt. I went on a T6 hunt recently, and my grapple skills are not what they used to be! I think the best grappler I’ve ever seen is @Greenheart.

The sad thing is we should be able to hunt either way, and it’s disappointing we even need to hide the hunts because of something like this. :woman_shrugging: No one gains.

2 Likes

Cannot agree more with this! I like both, too, and it is ridiculous that we are even having this conversation, but, it is what it is. I really hope the Dev’s are listening to this. I, personally, struggling with the stress of going on a hunt at the moment, it shouldn’t be affecting anyone in this way. We haven’t seen you on a hunt for ages, I figured it was being spoiled for you, too.

I am the slowest on a ground hunt. Lol. I’m useless with the grapple, I’ve literally grappled people off of mountains am that awful with my aim! :sob::joy: If you’re in a good crowd, then it’s all good fun. Platforms there’s always a good laugh and everyone gets to A or B fairly easily. I am a fan of both. For sure. :hugs:

1 Like

No, there is nothing wrong with platform hunts. They are fun actually.

I do see platforms on other higher tier planets but not nearly in these numbers. What did the inhabitants of Circarpous do to earn the privilege of havings the multitudes and multitudes of platforms?

And a couple of inhabitants are even fortunate enough to have these floating commodities nearly directly above their home bases. After all, who would need to expand when you have these extraordinary, elegant assets almost floating right on top of you?

simonsays

2 Likes

Thats what those things always remind me of! I could not place it. wow. well that solves that question I had. hahah

oh wait, you removed the picture.

1 Like

they are lovely.

especially if you are one of the lucky inhabitants who gets one above you and touching your property line.

its like winning the lottery

1 Like

I think many of us can respect the hunt builds and their function. I do and even used a few with some friends.

It just seems not right to expect people to respect a build when people don’t respect other people’s views especially in the context of how they see it. A person doesn’t need to agree with an opinion, but to expect respect it is part of the process to give respect.

I remember talking to a few people that weren’t happy with the hunt platforms because I really wanted to understand their viewpoints and stuff. I did the same with Footfall slides. I asked them why and the said the things seemed to be everywhere in the sky and many have flashing lights and stuff like that. So they can become distracting in a way to them when they were trying to build and do stuff. Almost like if you have a gleam build or someone doing a mud hut or hole to the mantel right beside a pretty park you are trying to create. One person explained it to me this way:

For them there was a difference between having an item in the distance and another on that is a BUNCH OF BIG THINGS ALWAYS GRABBING YOUR ATTENTION AND GLEAM AND ALL THAT STUFF YELLING AT YOU TO GET YOUR ATTENTION.

I couldn’t add flashing text unfortunately or make it bigger to explain the way they say it… but maybe that gave a small impression on how a few people I talked to felt when it was close to them or they were everywhere.

1 Like