Circarpous Hunts (MM)

well said. I also respect the platforms and their function and think they are good for the game. I just wish the people who built the platforms respected the people underneath them. There are a couple of glaring examples on the planet that suggest they do not

hunters and builders both deserve respect

I smashed Simon with my fist at a very young age! Simon lied I know I pressed the right color!!!

3 Likes

not to mention due to the nature of meteors that option could block someone form entering there own farm or build if it happens to land close enough so you now got to wait for the group to finish before you can continue doing whatever you where doing

I almost never see private messages because the indicator doesn’t necessarily appear until you open the chat window. If i’m out alone and not talking to anyone, the indicator doesn’t show up, so I never notice a thing. I think a lot of other people have the same problem. I’d likely miss a hunt if it were announced this way. if this is to work, then we need a better way for pm’s to be received and noticed.

2 Likes

Can’t believe this is still a thing (hunt trolling) especially as a family.

The only positive is that they engage in family activities together, that’s nice :wink: jkjk

1 Like

The family that plays together, stays together. Hopefully in player constructed jail cells.

I remember the jails Ultima Online and other similar games used to have. They didnt ban your access from the game. You got moved to a jail cell you couldnt teleport or gate out of. You had to spend x amount of time in the actual jail, not time offline. That sort of thing really diminished the hateful things people would do even back then.

3 Likes

Yeah same thing in final fantasy, I appreciated the roleplay aspect

1 Like

In Rust, my friends and I once built a jail and consistently made sure the bad guys respawned there after we took them out many times since they had constantly been trolling some people.

3 Likes

That’s a fair point. I have the same issue with pm. Also, as I discovered, they’d still find us. Although, they actually behaved themselves today. Oddly enough. :thinking:

2 Likes

Just FYI, so as not to hi-jack this thread, I have created another for any discussion on the hunt platforms. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Ayalla / Underminer / Speed Hunter

3 Likes

I use them when I go out to hunt in the meteorites of t3 worlds alone, they help me control the crowd when they get too close, especially I love to use the bombs with the WILDSTOCK when they get too close, or with the HOPPER when I see that they want to explode on me, I find it Very fun to kill them with their specialty.
I hope they don’t remove them just because some give them bad uses, it would be like banning knives because some kill or steal with them.
The troll will look for other ways to annoy … why punish everyone for what a few do?

I do believe you enjoy bombing things. I know I love clearing trees with bombs. The issue is the use of them when you have dozens of people running around. We have to find a way around that.

The problem seems to be more with the holes made for creatures to fall in. Some clearly are trolling with the depth of the holes. Yes it does not effect players who stay grappled to towers the whole hunt. I personally am a ground runner. I am built for speed always on the move. Shooting everything I can. Holes are not my friend.

4 Likes

Definitely disagree hardly anyone uses bombs to hunt. Nearly every hunt Ive been on bomb holes are utilized as kill boxes. I dont see how you hunt any other way tbh, in terms of efficiency. But like speed hunt platforms, every one has their preferred manner of fun and efficiency.

I still think people who do intentional acts of harassment should be suspended/jailed/banned/etc. If its your hunt and you’re leading the hunt and you don’t want bombs done and make it clear, in my mind that constitutes harassment. It’s a hunt I wouldn’t go to by choice because I prefer to use bombs/killboxes, but those who prefer to play without that threat of falling down holes would get their preferred hunt style as well.

We need a better way to just flat out deal with jerks in real time, in game.

edit to say that the animals sometimes make the holes deeper themselves but that shouldn’t be a common thing. This generally happens when I dip too low with the grapple and cause a bomber to start his self destruct timer.

1 Like

I think 1-2 blocks surrounding the meteor is not unreasonable. It would not affect everywhere else around, and at the least prevent holes directly beneath it. That would not solve much though. Can still use hammers/shovel to dig down super deep (I have seen it before). Also can still have craters around and still be a death trap trying to get to your bounty.

On a side note… I am more than happy and hope those providing public portals for easy travel get much footfall in return for their service :slight_smile:.

Yes, I agree. A few holes here and there is not bad, or an accident (I have had lag where I shoot/hit/throw more than intended), but when they are intentionally doing it, and continue to after they have been asked not to politely, that is just plain harassment in my eyes.

1 Like

Same with me. I am a runner and a jumper! Can’t handle hanging there with creatures out of my range!

The reason I say that is because there are those hunts that make efficient use of bomb holes. By creating a barrier around the meteor where holes cant be created can make creatures path wonky and stick underneath the meteor stopping spawns until someone gets underneath the meteor.

If there was a way to prevent anything from occurring within that meteor buffer zone, ie monster portals couldnt spawn on it or within x amount of it like the bombs then I think that would be a perfect solution.

I see what you mean, good point!

I do not agree, I do not think this is an issue that players have to avoid for themselves, I think this is a matter of developers and the company; its reporting system and the penalties for violating the code of conduct are not entirely polished. They should find a formula that works for this game and for this development team because of their numbers and roles within the project. Giving players the opportunity and power to decide on eliminating a game mechanic for the heat of the moment of anger and outrage because a small group of them skipped the rules of conduct and spoiled the experience of the rest is not a good thing for the game. The combat as it is now is already with a reduced number of different types of body weapons and armor to be able to adopt different roles. Instead of taking out the bombs, they could add armor that resists falls better, boots that allow you to bounce like the trampoline or things like that. If this is not solved and the real problem is the chaos of the group hunts, then try to change or adjust this. You can work from the system that determines when the meteor event appears, or add functions such as “form a party” and it has voice chat to organize better in the hunts, or that these parties are related to the activation of the meteorite event, also they can add or change some of the mechanics to the mobs so that their onslaught to the players is different …A lot of things can be done. I do not understand the need to prohibit or further limit this game, with all the limitations it already has in its current state of development, although its name means No Limits.

3 Likes

I doubt the trolls think they are not violating tos. From the many descriptions they are just jerks. Same issue we had with knockback bombs back in the day.

4 Likes