Circarpous Hunts (MM)

What was EA hunting like?

I cannot speak to very early EA. But when I started you would get Gems, Ore, etc (and Oort in certain situations) off of all monsters anywhere you killed them based on planet level. So you could hang with a friend and just gather some of those things without the need of a meteor.

At one point Karokendo started a community hunt. Our first one had like 40 people. I picked up as the leader after that and ran them for a few months. We have a lot of participation from the community and would run from area to area spawning creatures to hunt. Based on the size of people in the group you could get larger herds to spawn. It wasn’t easy at all and fun.

The Devs started tweaking the mobs and things got better for a bit then all of a sudden it went the wrong way. Then one days Meteors were released and normal monster hunting for stuff disappeared. Many of us complained because we didn’t want to be forced into a team event and some people cannot solo meteors.

Unfortunately, we have never looked backward or fixed the issue. Monsters in the wild are now just an annoyance instead of a resource you can really farm and want to hunt down. I think meteors are cool and provide a great feature for people that like that, but I feel the game went the wrong way when monsters in the game became just ways to fill in the planets sorta.

4 Likes

This… Just made my day :rofl: