Clarification on footfall and prestige needed

Hi @james or @SamF,

I think there is another bug with footfall, would like to get clarification from you guys on the intended mechanic.

This beacon has 37k prestige.

According to the data we have, 10k-50k settlements give 20 footfall per person.

My beacon is in this settlement:

Which should offer 80 coin per person.

I have noticed with several beacons that footfall now scales exclusively with the beacon’s prestige, rather than with the settlements.

Your post on the last footfall change states that:

Is it intended that settlement size no longer affects footfall at all? Should only beacon size be affecting footfall?

This is a visual bug. You are correct, the value displayed is being calculated off of the beacon prestige.
No need to worry though the footfall actually given is using the correct numbers. Already fixed for next release.

6 Likes

Thanks a lot for clarifying @Tobelawe, you guys are the best!

1 Like

@Tobelawe For further clarification, next release meaning tomorrows patch release or the ‘next’ release after this current update we’re waiting for deployment?

Since tomorrows patch is already “on it’s way”, my guess would be the one after that.

I should have been more clear. It will be in the release after the one that is currently on testing.

3 Likes

It was fairly clear, I just wanted to be sure any doubt was erased! Thanks for the further clarification. You guys are swell.

Just for further clarity. Is the main footfall bug fixed in tomorrow’s patch? Or is it intentional to keep footfall lower?

sorry, meant this for Tobelawe. And amended to sound less confrontational !

What bug are you referring to?

the one which counts footfall per 24 days instead of 24 hours…

Oh ok, if they fix that, alot of money will come back in the economy, otherwise it’s about once every 14 days since we typically get the servers offline due to updates every two weeks

I’m the viceroy of a planet and have been getting 800c a day which is barely enough to buy a bunch of waxy earthyams or rock to keep building since it’s my only source of income. Maybe the flood of money will be bad but overall I think it’ll help a lot of the small builds.

I don’t think so. I may be mistaken but I believe we are reworking the system rather than “fixing” it. The rework will be in the patch after the one on testing I think.

1 Like

Thank you for the response