Classes and Guilds (Not what it sounds like)

So I’ve played a lot of games, like A LOT of games (started in 1996 at the age of 4). I’ve seen some really cool functions in a few games that were really kind of nifty if totally useless in gameplay. These were more for roleplay but I think roleplay should also be a focus of the devs for boundless, not a major focus but definitely on the list of concerns.

IDEAS:
Dynamic class names
This comes from a game called Dungeon Siege 2. Basically, as you trained up your skills in ranged, melee, destruction and nature magic your class name would change to depict what best described your current skills. For example, Melee 50 + destruction 50 = Dragoon. Melee 25 + Destruction 50 = Battle Mage so on and so forth. Basically as you progressed the game would apply the most appropriate class name your character. This didnt give you any buffs or abilities, it was just a cool feature.

This could easily apply to boundless as well, someone who specializes in a mix of cooking and hunting could be survivalists or someone who specializes in machinery would be an engineer. Given the way this game forces you into a specific role the class names would both give you a roleplay profession and let people know what you can do as a player.

Player Club Classifications
Some of this may be in the game and I havent personally seen it so please forgive me if that’s the case.

Players can be in a Town but also in a club. The club can be classified by the founder to be one of the following (Guild, Club, Gang, Legion, Guard, Collective, Syndicate, Army) basically these classifications would be used to give players an idea of what sort of group theyd be joining. Guard would essentially be a group that works to assist people under attack and guilds may specialize in particular class paths. Granted these are only names they add an additional depth to roleplay as well as provide more choice to the social systems of boundless.

Titles
I think I saw something like this already in game but I think there should be a large mix of simple titles and master titles that come in both prefix and suffix varieties. More titles based on your achievements.

5 Likes