Code: Locks

Would it work if i placed the lock on my door? However when i open the door, the lock hovers in mid air.

Oh, thanks for the pictureā€¦ didnā€™t know I could put locks next to the door. I had it on the door, and that made for an interesting floating lock when the door openedā€¦

Iā€™m loving the storage and the new inventory and crafting interface.

Question: if you leave the locked door open Iā€™m assuming others can still get inā€¦ right? so gotta be sure to close up your vaults.

Also Iā€™m not certain there if there is a better place to mention it, but while I LOVE having storage now, and like the viewable concept, I found the storage interface to be a bit cumbersome after a while:

• unload your storage into your inventory, but then have to exit and go back into inventory to move items to the hotbar.
  • Again while unloading gotta go into inventory unload hotbar into inventory to be able to go into storage and store them. or again do the two-step to unload your inventory and items from the hotter.

It would be nice to be able to have inventory, hotter, and storage in the same dialog, so I could avoid the extra steps.

3 Likes

Want true privacy? Donā€™t add anyone else to your beacon. Put locks on your doors and make certain that all your wall, floor and ceiling blocks show green borders (denoting they are part of your claim and therefore no-one else can modify.

Then be sure to close your locked doors.

There is no limit to the number of beacons you can place (other than your max):
Iā€™ve made one set private before (only I can access). Then made a beacon area next to it and opened it to friends by adding the friend tokens, and then had a friend create a third where he added my token. his house was also a fourth private claim.

so it can be done, without having the devs create special types of locks which would require more coding and testing, and be more complicated to boot.

1 Like

@Kalthazar, you may have missed this part of my post before :wink:

I know how to create solo builds, thanks haha. My interest was in a potential permissions system that may be involved with locks. It shouldnā€™t be too difficult to code and as a QAer in real life I can tell you it wouldnā€™t be too difficult to test. Especially since they already use the player token system for beacons ;P.

I think a fair number of people on these forums have at least some experience with online minecraft. So permissions systems arenā€™t that complicated either and should be fairly familiar to those of us used to factions, towny, permissionsex, groupmanager, etc. hahaha.

Even people with the base concepts of guilds from WoW, GW2, ESO, etc. should be familiar with ranks and permissions.

I think every other kind is called rape^^

1 Like

PermissionsEx* :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Sorry, but I just have to do this ā€¦ So you think you could lock a lock with a lock? Or would a locked locked lock not unlock when the next lock is locked as well? And what if that lock cannot be unlocked by the lock before but that one next lock to it which is not locked ā€¦ so many locks in my mind :lock: :lock: :key2: :lock: :lock: :open_mouth:

1 Like

The lockception is real!

2 Likes

So a long running lock train that might complete in a circle making it impossible to unlock all the locks, thus locking out the locker out of the locked locks?
Thatā€™s quite locky.

1 Like

counter-question is if a lock is only locked when itā€™s locked so that you could lock it still if unlocked even if it is next to locked locks. ā€¦ The answer would lock the fate of this locked-circle-of-locked-locks project! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

wow I missed a lot this is nice !

how many blocks or shelf can be locked with one lock?