Color List by type?

Anyone have a list of all 255 colors split up by type of color NOT by order number ?

1 Like

Color group right? Like greens together and reds together and on.

1 Like

Yep yep I made my library in order ima make my store color grouped

1 Like

Don’t have a list but would love one to ^^
By number is nice but im always running around like a headless chicken to find the right “red” (or other color). :wink:

1 Like

That exactly why ima make my store by group lol

1 Like

I have this

12 Likes

Do you happen to know if there are specific rules for ho procedurally generated planetary color sets do their math? The initial color set always seems to have some secret color wisdom to it, and I want to try and finagle the same sort of good looking pallete but starting with a specific color & doing the math to select other colors that will harmonise together the way the game seems to know how to do without intervention.

This is the best one I’ve found:

It’s organized vertically by color group, horizontally by luminance, and has a page with the luminance values.
I actually use this copied version: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HiWa-FY9A92FuNxDX6v7y4zu1Kx9dx-VlySoM8LeKiI/edit?usp=sharing
I added some extra pages, and I’m using “Name Condensed” to organize my color storage, including marking my progress.

2 Likes

These lists are fine I was going to share mine… but I can show you how I laid out my concrete shop separated by colors and then the sub groups.

4 Likes
Code Color html Family
211 Azure #287fa6 Azure
155 Bright Azure #4fcbf9 Azure
229 Cool Azure #aac0d6 Azure
57 Deep Azure #1b5c7d Azure
206 Light Azure #6fa0ba Azure
177 Luminous Azure #cce6fc Azure
2 Night Azure #111d25 Azure
49 Oxide Azure #4f575d Azure
156 Stark Azure #82c4f9 Azure
239 Strong Azure #0f3b54 Azure
205 Vivid Azure #36a4d3 Azure

that is the sorted by family list

oh man that’s sharp.

I uhm ah nah… borrowed some,if not all, of the improvements @Rydralain made to the worksheet and updated it with those changes.

I cleaned up the color storage template so that anyone working on one can break up a color by 2 variables. (so like floor/row, row/column or whatever…) and sorting will still work.

I cleaned up the “Sorted by Family” & Sorted by Color" flat list’s two individual worksheets, they were previously mixed up into one sheet because i was splitting colors into two 2 floors.

6 Likes

Oh, cool, I’m glad you like the work I did, and I’m honored to have you ‘borrow’ it!

I’m sure you’ve noticed I rotated greens to the top - that’s just because I tend to pick greens first, so I wanted to build those floors of my storage first. The green marks in the color count column on the Named Condensed grid are the floors I’ve completed, so you probably don’t need that - just didn’t want you to try to figure out what they mean, and it’s not like there are commit notes here.

3 Likes

Yeap stealing it and printing it. Much better than my hand written one.:+1:

3 Likes

Ok probably not as organized as everyone’s else’s but this works got it in a order

1 Like

Added to Boundlexx.

Boundlexx - The Boundless Lexicon

3 Likes

This one is great! I have used it to create spectrums. I go down one color then up the next, and repeat. :rainbow:

Oh wow! How can I get to your store? Looks like you have a great selection!

1 Like

I am still stocking it and making a few tweaks to the 2nd floor … I hope to open it in the next day or so. It’s in DK Mall where Exo Heaven used to be.

1 Like