Colour Changing Chisel

Seems to me there are a huge amount of block colours not being utilised, and even though there are more planets to come in the future, it’ll be a long time before we have them all.

My suggestion is to allow us to Forge Colour Changing Chisels that cycle a block through all variations of that particular colour - so for example; Blue, Light Blue, Dark Blue, Cool Blue, Warm Blue…

Another suggestion would be the individual prefixes, so a chisel that changes the tone to a specific one, such as Warm.

Black would change to white, and white to black.

7 Likes

In the interest of adding to consumption for the economy I’d much rather see this as either dye packs that can be used to apply colour to an already applied block while maintaining texture or a recipe using the block to be adjusted and a subcombined component for changing that colour.

Of course that could add a ton of recipes, perhaps a specific machine for that purpose too?

Ultimately I think the chisel would be far less complex to implement, I would just like to see a much more elaborate process to help give more constant things for people to produce and have used to keep the economy flowing.

1 Like

Perhaps take stone as the material for the dye. You want x go get some compress it to powder then use that on bricks. Bricks consume the color you have too much of dye changes the brick. Ultimately moving the stone you want may be as easy but less convenient if you have a ton of gem hunting chattel around

1 Like

Or in my case, Rotating Chisels. So i don’t have 50% of my pagoda’s bricks facing sideway :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Maybe just add color bombs ^^

1 Like

There are more than 200 colours, so I was trying to think of a method that didn’t include hundreds of new recipes, both for the sake of development, and for the players convenience.

1 Like

Its a good idea i would even put it to gem chisels only forgable

1 Like

i like it as it is now, new planets come and then new colors are appearing.

if you ask me: no

ppl would stop trade stone/bricks/wood/plants/refined/gleam of any color and instead just would use what they have and change the color…
also some colors hare maybe rare since they only appear on T6 worlds and some are very common when they an all the level 1 worlds.

3 Likes

I like the idea of changing the prefix, seems like a way to increase the available colours, but not be too op.

We still need that dying machine to come out!

1 Like

Just add an expensive-to-use machine that lets you “pick” the block’s color with the arrow menu same as how tint works. Can do one smart stack at a time. Costs minimum of 1 coin per block, maybe more, plus reagents. Maybe 5+ per block. Best money sink ever.

And then when new or custom planets are released you can get these bocks easier. I want to make a white planet with white everything blockwise.

1 Like