Coloured water

i think this should be in game coloured water i am gonna buy this game at christmass so i dont know if it already have coloured water but havent seen eny in videos but i think it would be cool wiht coloured water

9 Likes

That’s a good idea! Or at least, let water color be customized on a per-world basis

3 Likes

I like the idea of world specific water colours (would certainly make the worlds more unique!), unless of course, if there are any plans to make water transportable in any way… Not sure how they would mix? Unless they adopted the water colour of the world they’re on.

Yea the mixing could be a real problem. But with some time they’ll surely come up with a good solution^^

Personally I dont like the idea of coloured water, I could imagine why people would like it. But i just can imagine the current worlds with different water. Im just in for the plain, old blue water :ocean:. There will be so much colour variation: players, worlds, and maybe even coloured water. Just dont really like it.
Peace :v:t3:

Maybe colored water isn’t the right thing. How about many variations of liquids? Acids, lava, water etc. They naturally have different colors and they would add additional game elements.
Who doesn’t want to swim in an acid lake?^^

2 Likes

I’d rather have the different variations of liquid then the coloured water. And BTW i would like the acid lake :skull:

1 Like

Yeah liquid types would be a better option

I love this idea.
I always liked the slightly darker water in swamps in Minecraft. Adding this concept to the different worlds of B< would be amazing.
But I don´t think that different water colours should mix. The water colour should either entirely depend on the world (so if you take water from world x and place it on world y it would just look like world y water) or it should occupy the block it is flowing through meaning that a block that “contains” a water stream acts as a solid block for differently coloured water.

If they can implement the mixing then why not. Would surely look cool.
But I wouldn’t want to see that my water changes. That takes a lot away from the immersion. I’d rather have only one color than that^^

This is a great idea!!!
I love it,and I think it would be a amazing look for Boundless.

wow dident know i would get so much support thanks

We currently have space for up to 8 different types of liquid. We currently have water and lava. We will probably add acid and oil. Any other ideas for fun liquid types? These liquids could also have different colors per world too.

4 Likes

slime/goo could be another one.

Edit. Or fuel if we’ll have oil. Maybe liquid crystals?

Also do you have an idea how to solve the mixing problem?

1 Like

By not allowing liquids to move to another world maybe :smile:

Well, that would be pretty limiting. I know you can do better than that^^

As it stands liquids do not have colours the way blocks do (a chunk has data stores for block type id, block meta, block color values and liquid type + meta) and to have multiple colours of the same liquid in a world we’d need to increase the data size of chunks and then try and solve the mixing problem in a nice way which I’m not sure is possible.

Sure, if the liquids were super gloopy it might make sense that the colours don’t mix, but I’m not sure anyone would find it accepetable that something like super runny like ‘water’ didn’t mix it’s colour and it’s not feasible to say have red water fall causing an entire ocean of water to gradually change colour etc.

So we ‘could’ have multiple colours per world if we increase the amount of data stored, but I don’t imagine they’d mix in any realistic way.

1 Like

I hate those data limitations^^

Would the mixing of different liquids cause the same problems? Say water with oil?

Water and oil don’t mix even in real life, so that’s fine :wink: And we’d maybe say that acid is lower density and floats ontop of oil too…

4 Likes

About new liquids: … What’s with Tar? … Would be “harder” then oil … may be you can walk on it (slower then normal) and only begin to sink into it if standing ^^

2 Likes