Combat Mechanics Proposal

Again, i think weakspots would be neat, but i dont want hardlock cause honestly then what is the point of weakspots?

im not gonna try to argue more cause it is your opinion, but i just dont like that system, it works for some third person games like darksouls and zelda, but for this i would like to see people actually aiming.

2 Likes

… Especially if it is a “Borderlands-like” gameplay … so a FPS gamestyle :wink:

i assume everybody is gonna keep using that… honestly it did say mild and it is very very vague, it doesnt necessarily mean fps mechanics, but i hope its free aim with some way to costumize your playstyle, and not just end up like MC where you just spam leftclick both with arrows and weapons :confused:

Weakpoint would be a very interesting system if it was possible, but i just dont like hardlock and being allowed to strafe perfectly to avoid and attack, dont get me wrong, i would like strafing and dodging, but i would like to do it myself in a way that if i mess up i strafe towards the enemy, with a hardlock you always go in a circle around them meaning its waaay easier to dodge stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Auto aim is for p*****s (not cool cats). U dont even have headshots so I’m not even gonna pay attention.
But seriously, auto aim really defeats skill based combat. It takes the intelligence of a sea cucumber to lock on then start hitting buttons to attack. you dont even need to use your mouse at that point. (the way you present it as an upside is upsetting to me)
Also as a very real un opinionated flaw to this scheme, I will point out that after you beat an enemy you have to use the mouse to target the next, kinda making things awkward and defeating the whole mouse free idea. Also continuously targeting one enemy takes away all situation awareness that you might have against a group of enemies, which can get you in deep trouble.
Also, if you have to bring up a bloody wheel to start an evasive maneuver, there isn’t much point in doing an evasive maneuver because you’ve already been hit.

2 Likes

Give me Block/Parry, Dodge, Aimed attacks (no auto targeting), various ability’s that can be quickly executed by hot key
( not by swapping to a specific item then using). Knock back, Knock down, Stumble, cripple, and dazing effects on enemies and ill be one happy Oorter.

1 Like

this auto targeting also would limit ability’s like “flying” “jumping really high” at combat. and if those ability’s are implemented to the game i want to use those in combat and not only moving from place to place. the FPS style without “aimbot” works well atm.

1 Like