Come make Tjentzu, Andooweem your new home and help build the town up. (pronounced as "Tjen Tzoo")

So, I went exploring in Andoween to find my last piece of Ancient Tech Component so I can make my generator, but I walked away with 4 components and another bonus - Ancient Tech Device (I still do not know what its for though but it appears to be pretty rare according to the resource distribution map that the devs have shared). On top of that, its sooooooooo empty of any buildings there besides the immediate vicinity around @Jeffrotheswell gateway. Even the number of buildings there are just a few.

So in my exploration I came across an interesting area that is N of Jeff’s gateway. (well, maybe not immediately N but in that general direction coz I started out that way)

The picture off the suspended island is a short distance behind (me) the picture of the cliff with the river, very short distance and definitely within a few stones throw.

I thought this maybe a good spot to start a town I can imagine houses hanging off the side of the cliffs, houses below that tree like suspended island, ontop or even hanging off it, and gleam decorating the underside of it. Here is a few pictures to start the imagination. (just ignore the architectural style of the pictures)

http://cs14110.vk.me/c540103/v540103025/13f1d/bFNWx21fXlE.jpg

And, I wondered if it could be done; and if MAYBE I can get Jeffrotheswell to move his gate there. And, at the same time I also wondered if there will be enough willing players to set up a town there with shops and all. Maybe not in this current build (assuming there is a coming wipe) but in 1.0 maybe? Or, maybe we can test it out right now for the real run later.

Do say something here if you want to participate. So maybe we can start something on Andoween.

10 Likes

I would be happy to set up a 2nd portal near mine if you would fule it from your side :smile_cat:

I wouldn’t mind, but not at this point in time. I alone can’t make that town happen, it will require quite a few willing participants because that place is HUGE. So, lets see how it goes and if enough people are willing to participate and the project is a go, then I will try and get you to set up the portal to that area, hopefully by then I will have enough resources to chip in to help set it up as well; and maybe the others who will be building there as well.

1 Like

I do believe we’re on the same track here.

To be honest, its not very clear which world has more resources. I think the more hostile world has more advance resources. Having said that, Andoween at the moment is mostly unsettled and untouched except for the area immediately surround Jeff’s gateway. Even then, its hardly considered settled because from what I can see there is the gateway, a conduit/another portal that someone else is building and an underground locked door to something that I know not what or where. That pretty much about it. Andoween is a little more hostile than Vecna but thats about it. Alturnik is quite a bit more hostile compared to Andoween, but still not so bad that you get attacked every few steps.

One of the reasons I made this suggestions was because I saw some potential in the area I saw that could allow people to break out of that mold of ground level awesome architecture. Its a fantasy game, so why can’t we have some awesome architecture hanging off the side of the cliff or even a hanging town under the suspended island shown in that picture? Besides that, I was also trying to gather people to start populating Andoweeen, its sooooo deserted right now. All wilderness as far as the eye can see and your foot can take you.

Yeah, that would be me… I don’t know what I’m building either :stuck_out_tongue:

I might just go start building at that place I have indicated once I find enough iron. Friggin iron is so rare.

best place I have found iron so far is on solum. most was found at around 65-55 depth.

Agreed. I found a cave in Solum the other day while wondering around. Walked away with over 50 iron :grin:, and like about 10 Tech Fragments. Solum is another really good place for Tech Fragments. Its like every cliff is dripping with them, relatively speaking of course.

So I went ahead to start on a build at the Andoween town I was suggesting. Here are a few pics of the building that I had completed.

This is a shot of the staircase that I am still working on, its fully functional and goes all the way up inside the stem of the island. Its partially covered up to prevent mobs from entering while I was working on it, and it is marked by a torch.

All in all, the islands are accessible through the stairs at the moment (it is fully functional, just not finished). @Jeffrotheswell has offered me a link to his portal network but since I am the only one there at the moment I said I’d hold off on that but may take his offer up later. Coordinates to that location is Andoween 1017,80,375. I am inviting all to come build your second or third or fourth home here. Andoween is still pretty much unsettled.

10 Likes

hey knights, i would just suggest joining the portal network anyway, not many people are on Andoweem anyway, so if Jeff moved the portal to you, it would just be the best connection

1 Like

I don’t think I can support an open portal alone atm… that is why I held off.

well, since nobody is there, Jeff would just need a place to put his portal in your build, and he’d probably fuel it. he already does it. he’d only ask for help with oort stone maybe.

if you pm jeff on the forums (or if you dont know how i can always introduce you two) you can ask if that would work. connect your house to his portal by moving his portal stuff. dunno.

the other place just doesn’t seem very active at all.

other alternative, build the portal. what’s holding you back from making one?

Oort stones to fuel the portal. And I am not sure if I have the mats to build a portal. And, at the moment I’d have to think of a spot to put the gates, but that is the easiest of the problems to solve.

Jeff said he’d put a portal there but I’d have to fuel it. In one of his posts above. And, jeff has seen the spot and liked it alot. He has the location in his library.

mmm, if you’ve got something good to trade, i can get like, 72 oort stone. that’s roughly 1000 oort shards, or for a planet-> same planet or planet -> one planet away, taht’s 950 hours (50 opening cost)

i’d be happy to trade for bones, meat, also for large quantities of sedimentary rock, and igneous rock.

the spark is the hardest part of the portal blocks, but i can make you 12 for more trading, i got the spark, refined rock, and timber to do it no problem. (for more trading)

i’m also up for other deals you can think of if you have something, and don’t want to grind for anything i’ve already suggested

oh… so with 1000 oort shards the gateway can be powered for 39 days?

I as actually thinking of linking his Andoween gateway to my spot. His present spot has easy access to white gleam.

1 Like

There’s access to what?! White gleam? Don’t mess with me!
Also, this looks amazing! I will definitely come check it out and when I’m done with my current project I may very well come join you!

1 Like

White gleam doesn’t exist except as PRE-EXISTING gleam. Probably referring to cream:/

Still doable with 12 portal blocks, a way to add on to the location and 1000 Oort shards, or 72 Oort stone pre-extracted, will get you 39 days and 14 hours of power for your portal.