Community Build Ideas

Anyone have any community build ideas?

I have been working on a “Color Storage” mostly for my guild which really just consists of myself and 2 other players. It really is going to be much larger than I originally planned (aren’t they always?) I currently have

Gleam/Wood/Rock/Sand sections

but I am working towards adding

Soil/Foliage/Ash/Glass/Thorns/Ice/Mould/Tangle/Growth/Mud/Sponge

I am sure I have seen a few but I had a few questions:

Are there any large color storage community builds?
Is there a need for one? ( I ask because I am always looking for certain colors, and Im a hoarder)
If so, anyone interested in building one?

1 Like

My new player helper place, doesn’t have a real name yet. I’m planning on using gobs castle to do it

1 Like

I’ve been thinking a lot about the “exquisite corpse” thing that came up in your dev appreciation post. That would be really fun and there are so many different ways to do it.

I’m going to just go ahead and start the corner of a 2x2 or 3x3 and have others do one plot at a time while I screenshot the process, then will post a thread about it.

2 Likes

Here are some other ideas I had.

A community events hub …signage, calendar, portals etc

Graveyard/memorial for players that have left, quit etc.

I have more post more after driving home.

1 Like

I had the same thought, but love the “exquisite corpse” addition! Totally behind this :+1:

Edit: A Sov would allow much more control over the project (and potential griefers), but does cost money and could go poof at any time…I suppose this COULD be done on a perm, there’s certainly enough room :thinking:

3 Likes

I wrote mine only a day after you wrote yours… honestly don’t think I saw the flash mob thread but let’s just say I stole the idea from you :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

The idea of everyone doing something with minimal coordination over the course of a day to a week would be so much more fun as a big event that doesn’t require too much supervision, which I like for the whole ‘dev appreciation’ event and would be amazing as an annual thing.

Exquisite corpse (let’s come up with a uniquely Boundless name at some point) would take more coordination from whoever sets it up, but there’s no real time frame for it. I’ll let you know when I set up a little test version in its simplest form if you wanna slap something down in the name of artistic science!

3 Likes

sounds good, lookin forward to it!

2 Likes

Love the ideas here. I am still planning a weekend that we can all get try and get together. I am in the early planning phases but I’d like to set a date or something may be can add this Sov to the fold like suggested and have it as an event during the day/weekend. @DutchOfSorissi @RobZadouch

2 Likes

@DarkQueen suggested 6/20, summer solstice… why not :man_shrugging:

Unless you/coordinators need more time of course.

1 Like

That was the plan … so far.

I was mulling over a community build where people try to recreate board games… Monopoly, Candy land, Twister… :wink:

4 Likes

ooo friend, I have been accumulating colors for a long time to do something similar, it is a great idea, it may interest me, I also contribute my summer planets, to obtain new colors, if you are interested send me a pm, a greeting

1 Like

in my pixel world city I have a chess set with all the decorative oortys and a giant Parcheesi, feel free to visit it

1 Like

So I debated highly on whether to post this here or “what you listen to while playing”, but I think its highly on topic here :thinking: :grin:

So one of my favorite artists is George Watsky, and he has a bonus track called “exquisite corpse”. Great tune, heard it many times, and it did come to mind when you guys were mentioning the game of the same name. I, however, thought they were totally unrelated. Gave it another listen today, and the entire intro is literally decribing the game, lol. So thought I’d give it a share…it’s “rap”, so if thats not ur thing, I understand. but without further a-do:

Spotify:

Youtube:

3 Likes

What would be really cool… And i have kinda imagined boundless To be is
Having portal system between cities… Villages… No big networks and other goodies.

Portals between villages and cities… Honestly all i wanted. As Im kind of a explorer In the game i like small “not so hub” like things… For me this would be the Best thing boundless could do atm.

I know some People like bigger hubs. This is just me… Dont get me wrong i do use several networks cause those are there but… Imagine if we would just have portals between cities/villages… And Yes i get it… Time is money and so on but i just keep on dreaming.

there could be a different type of portal - only a certain number of them allowed per settlement’s prestige level or size, could be a part of Different beacon industry/zone types system
these could have lower cost, add prestige, generate a resource when used… something for ppl to want them.

or add a portal monster that spawns where too many portals are together :smirk:

I have an idea, but will elaborate more in a seperate post “Gleam Club+”. I agree with the direction you guys are going :+1: