Community input needed: system design goals

Only three objectives I’m particularly opinionated about.

PvP: combat. must. exist.
Even a soft form of combat where opponents are only K.O.'d or surrender. Dual systems are fine. It’s human nature that of you put weapons in a players hand, they are going to long to test themselves against others. Preventing that removes a huge block of gameplay.

My personal preference is for free, open world PvP where players must accept the consequences of their actions, reinforced with a guild/faction reputation system.

Which is a great segway into…

Guilds!: Remember how factions worked in Vanilla WoW? I imagine guilds working sorta like that. You can join as many as you want, performing tasks for them automatically boosts your reputation, and attacking or killing it’s members automatically reduces your reputation with them. Your reputation with a guild is reflected by the color of nameplates (both yours and members of that guild) and friendly players do not harm each other without agreeing to a dual.

Since obviously not everyone would be allied with the same guilds, an “at peace” or “at war” and “neutral” mechanic could be toggled between guild leaders to make alliances across guilds.

Lastly, Beacons: Yep, they are entirely too safe at the moment. That’s perfect for the current state of the game. But I would like to take some of that safety away. I would also like to add a number of toggles to what the beacon does and does not protect. Namely, I would like to see beacons vulnerable to Titans. It neuters the threat of a Titan otherwise.

Beacons should not be totally exposed to titans, though. Give them a shield that offers protection against a Titan’Titan’ onslaught for a period of time. That way, players can defend themselves and their property, and larger plots have higher resistance to damage. Sounds like fun to me!

4 Likes