Community input needed: system design goals

Agree with what @Squidgy says,I’d put on top of that players should be able to have those permanent beacons if they put alot of value into it. (through beacon allotments/gold/etc)

problem with creatures, is that you could just keep goading creatures into the beacon you want to screw with causing a lot of damage (ground basher etc)

5 Likes

I feel like beacons should be that “OMG I need to get somewhere safe” thing. With the exclusion that a passing by titan could damage the construction if it is in their way. Other than that, beacons and their constructs should be safe zones for their creator.

2 Likes

there will be grieving even if there is beacons, they will cover the beacons edges with blocks or even build they’r own beacons around yours and conceal the entrances so anything that makes grieving easier like destroying blocks in beaconed areas or using monsters to do the job is not a good thing.

1 Like

There are already ways that will counter grieving in the game through planned (though unreleased features). such as personal world portal that open up a portal in a pre-set by you location somewhere in the same world. Adding it early on in your build would prevent less than friendly players from boxing you in. The dev’s could also make it buffer a set number of plots away from yours placed plots to prevent them from boxing you in as well. I.e. you place one beacon down they can’t box in around your beacon in a full one plot radius, making it extremely hard for one single person to grief you into being unable to do something.

2 Likes

yes but now my building looks bad unless i wait 24hours or more (debending what it will be in the future) to worldregen or cleaning all up manually.

this one sounds good but the radius should be slightly bigger (something like 5-10 blocks) so it prevents you to not get boxed in and keep the building “view” clean as well. of course the worldregen should still ably to this since its not basically beaconed area.

I really like the idea of being able to destroy inside beacons. Or maybe something like a duel system where you challenge another player and siege their beacon, both parties would have to accept and if the defending side wins the loser has to fork over some sort of compensation for damages. This could be something for guilds though. Don’t know just sharing a thought I had about it

1 Like

I would just report a person that does that. It’s entirely against the spirit of the game.

There’s a difference between what’s against the spirit of the game and what’s against the terms of service. We’ll just have to wait for Boundless to write one up to see how they define things.

1 Like

tbh, I don’t know any griefer that would spend 100hrs breaking 70 blocks around someones beacon. It’s just to tiring.