Compact Oortshards

How do you set up a portal bot? I NEED to know this!

1 Like

Discord i think

1 Like

If you think that portal owners that have huge networks like me for example put ā€œNO EFFORTā€ into them then u are plain ignorant. Sorry for those harsh words, but they are true. Try and run huge network like Ultima or POrtal Seekers then say we put no effort. I find youir words very painful cause Iā€™m cleaving my veins along with my crew to maintain entire hub in good shape everyday; that includes building, request handling (over 300 PMā€™s daily) refueling, regular maintaining and adjusting. So please stop spreading false information, cause recently there;ve been several post on the forum about that. I dont care what people thing about me, but i do care when ppl try to take out a huge amount of work my friends put into helping me run the network and city. They invested a lot of time, A LOT.

Now in response to your idea about compact fuel and 2 slots for bigger portals. I think 2 slots for bigger portals are good ideas, but more appealing one for everyone would be compact fuel, cause i hear very frequently how people are upset even when they have like 2-3 portals for their own personal use that they have to log in just to refuel portals, cause they dont play very often for example or there are other reason like maybe they focus on building or other activity and they are forced to do a refuel run every couple day.

From my point of view compact fuel would be very comfortable for everyone, especially for big network owners (im not hiding this would lower the workload on us) which would be a very good Quality of Life addon to the game for us.

3 Likes

People are taking my words completely out of context and really should stop. If they actually took the time to read what I wrote across the thread they might understand and see the points I was making.

I stopped defending myself when some person chose to try to link my views to hate speech and continued to find ways to help all sides and keep game balance. Yet now I am back having to deal with out of context comments again.

You and I havenā€™t really had any interactions but I was planning on reaching out and talking about way to help improve the some locations in your networkā€¦ now because others fail to give full context you seem to have the wrong perception about who I am. I was not trying to diminish any work that is done.

1 Like

Ill be making a thread this weekend for it

Sorry Iā€™m confused here. Before and after what exactly? Iā€™m not sure if this is speaking to your point directly but Iā€™ll do my best. Youā€™re welcome to clarify and I can speak to that too.

To be clear the effort to run the PS gateways is currently very high and therefore requires half a dozen people contributing regularly. If only the effort of fueling large portals changes, then that only affects maybe a dozen portals. This would save us maybe 5 mintues 2-3 times a week. In the grand scheme of everyoneā€™s efforts, this is relatively small. Itā€™s more just an annoyance.

Popular hubs also have many players contributing to the hubs. If you want to compare to single other players and their wallet, then the money should be divided by the number of players who hold a stake in the money . Once you divide said cash, the amount is comparable. Iā€™ve talked about this previously:

Itā€™s not clear to me which part of this you disagree with or misunderstand. Maybe you can help me, what part of this am I failing to communicate clearly? You keep saying itā€™s easy and owners get millions. Comparing the reward of many peopleā€™s efforts to a single personā€™s rewards and efforts is not a valid comparison.

This is an attack on the authority of Hashmalashā€™s opinion. His opinion carries as much weight as yours does. Saying he canā€™t read does not further your argument regarding the topic of this thread. Communication takes two. You are equally at fault for the miscommunication. Please focus on clarifying your opinion, rather than insulting other peopleā€™s ability to read. Just because someone doesnā€™t agree with you doesnā€™t mean they canā€™t read.

Dude, the world isnā€™t against you. There is a trend on this forum regarding your communication in general, and there is a popular opinion in this thread. You opinion carries just as much weight as any single other person. But you have no right to attack everyone around you just because they disagree. Insulting people and saying other peopleā€™s posts makes someoneā€™s opinion wrong is just ridiculous.

THIS REALLY NEED TO STOP @Xaldafax

Debate the topic. Do not insult peopleā€™s intelligence.

3 Likes

@Simoyd - You need to stop the harassment of me. You first declare I am doing hate speech and I donā€™t respond because a forum admin asked us to focus on topics. So I focus on the topic while others continue to selectively pick points I made and present them out of context. Now you sit here again itemizing my comments and trying demonize me.

You talk about insulting people yet your threads are rife with them when directed at me.

I have no interest in debating you or arguing with people that cannot respect another personā€™s opinion. Please stop your harassment of me and BOLD big letters yelling at me.

1 Like

Time for a cool offā€¦

This topic was automatically opened after 116 minutes.

Soā€¦how about those compact oortshards??? :sunglasses:

1 Like

We should have them.

Theyā€™re a perfect looking block to making anything that remotely looks scifi-ish.

Iā€™d love to use them to deco a reactor room of a scifi military themed base.

I like the idea of increasing the fuel ceiling based on the number of conduits. and just having an add fuel button.

1 Like

Any thought on this one of my previous replys.

Okay. Soā€¦ Something just came to mind. Havenā€™t thought about it much but the words sound so nice to say. Maybe someone here has ideas on how they would work and what they can do. Oort coils??? Used for portals so how to maybe reduce the oort shard costs? Like how coils reduce spark usageā€¦maybe can extend the 4day limit in large portals to 1 week?

Adding: Advanced portal conduits infused with refined oortā€¦just throwing that in the mix.

oo, advanced high end portal would be nice. could make them all high tech looking. I like the idea but I think Iā€™d rather have titans than them work on that.

I feel like a simpler solution would be more valuable. but I do like that too

3 Likes

Titans would be amazing. I imagine them wandering across the landscape storm clouds surround them. 50-100 block high monsters. Consisting of 2-5 meteors, fighting one at a time as you scale the beast! Kind of like the game shadow of Colossus.

2 Likes

I actually would be against decreasing the Oort shards required to have a Portal open. At this point it seems fine. Just being able to place more than 900 shards in bigger Portals would be nice.

Yeah, this why i am suggest compact shards instead of reduce the portal cost :slight_smile:
Looks like its easier way for devs to apply.

If only increase the number to over 900 i am not sure its easy to do or not.
Because the system setup max smart stack number is 900.
So over 900 should be difficult ?

Only issue I see with compact Oort working as fuel for portals is 1x2 portals would then Last forever! they already last 5weeks with 900 Shards. If Compact Oort just doubles the time persay, that would mean this small portals could last for 10weeks + at a time? I think 5 weeks max is a good time. Maybe if the compact Oort could only be used in bigger portals?

3 Likes

yeah I agree, and I think the very large portals need to have their time more than doubled even just to hit 1 week. I canā€™t imagine someone playing for a month then having their 1x2 portal stay there for another 2-3 months.

I think the max time should be consistent across all sized portals

2 Likes