Compactor Power conundrum

So I’m working on the objective to build a compactor and make something with it. I built the compactor but now I can’t make anything because I don’t have power.

As far as I can tell the only way to get power to the compactor is with a compactor power coil. But the power coil requires compacted ruby in order to be built. Circular reference :weary:

I know I can try to find somebody selling a compacted ruby or a compactor coil, I’m just wondering why in the world the game would set up an impossible situation like this. If there were no other players or I was the very first player, I would never be able to get past this step. Am I missing another way I can get power?

the knowledge tab says that it requires spark not power (no power is needed to make basic coils)

2 Likes

Ah! I looked at a handful of recipes in the compactor to get the general idea and assumed everything in it required power! That explains it, thanks!

2 Likes

You need to make Spark cores and spark links which will give you what you need (when you have fueled it) all are achievable without power coils.

Nice, this reminds me of the good old days when I fired up the Compactor for the first time :slight_smile:
No tutorials - know nothing - just trail and error.
@truus Keep on :boundless: Crafting

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be hilarious if you had to find a Wayfarer to make that first power coil for you? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like