Compactor stops before output is full

Hello, I have noticed that when I am mass crafting a large number of augments in the compactor, the machine stops before all of the output boxes are full. There are usually 3 empty output boxes when the machine stops and waits for me to empty it out. After i remove ALL of the items from output, the machine resumes and makes more augments until there are 3 spaces remaining again. I have encountered this at least 3 or 4 times this week with Revive Augments but I think I also noticed it with slingbow damage 3 before i started on the revives.

gyazo video of what im seeing

in the video i show that the timer is at 14m1s and not moving… i remove 1 item from output, timer is still stalled, i close machine and reopen, still 14m1s… i remove all items from output, timer starts counting down as expected.

The machine stops because each mass batch of augments fills 6 slots. The second batch cant fill the 3 last slots because some of it wouldnt find a place to fill hence why it stops until you remove more. To overcome this, i produce 1 mass batch of augments on each machine.

I get it, but maybe it needs to be more clear that a single mass craft on its own is going to completely halt the queue and/or indicate clearly that there is a stoppage, and/or the reason the queue is halted. In the above video it isn’t clear that it is even paused except for a timer that isn’t moving. I have opened it, seen that items are in queue, seen 3 empty output boxes and walked away thinking everything is normal. Except this queue has been going on for multiple days and I finally started paying better attention. I admit I am bad at math and need my hand held. But the idea of the queue is completely beyond me if one has to babysit the machine to empty it between each mass craft in the queue. On the surface it looks like something is not working and there is no indication of why.

1 Like

There has been reports of this happening from other players, but at present, there doesn’t seem to be a way of getting this to occur nearly 100% of the time. I have got this to occur on one or two occasions, mostly when starting a craft, logging off and then returning to the game at a later point to find that it had occurred with the Crafted Items section not yet full.

In addition to what you have written, do you remember doing anything else at the time before you had noticed this?