Compass Hub Thread (Raxxa, Sochaltin I, Cephonex Merika, Pheminorum, Maryx, Biitula, now CLOSING)

We are very proud to announce Compass Cephonex Merika, including major upgrades from lessons learned in versions 1 and 2. Ceph. Merika will be our first experimental attempt to also use the Compass Hub as a hunt system and a gleambow platform.

I’d like to thank in particular:
@Orrian for building and designing a beautiful compass floor for Ceph Merika.
@DKPuncherello for huge support for Compass visibility throughout DK Mall and DK Hops.
@StormyClouds for a genius suggestion, to place “via” signs over closed portals, to help find indirect connections
@Ryonez for very constructive criticisms that motivated us to clean up the floor and make Welcome/Guide signs easier to find and read
@FlyingAces for his support of Ceph. Merika and providing many crucial connections through TNT
@msnraul for his support of Compass Ceph. Merika and providing many crucial connections through Showroom

Edit: I am providing, for the first time, a behind-the-scenes look at what we see. This is our coverage map of Cephonex Merika, with portals in blue and indirect connections in grey. Circles have 500m radius.
lel

8 Likes

HUGE thanks to the following for connecting to Compass. Please pay them a visit :slight_smile: beautiful builds, shops, and tourist attractions :wink:

Raxxa:
Elephant Guild
Dawg
Boggusmom

Sochaltin:
Illuzion
TGF Kyoto (@SClayton)
Far From Home (SirTroll, MissTrulla)
Treasure Hunt (@Adrageron)
New Cydonia (@cornigeria)

Ceph Merika:
Wildstock Palace (Aryahunter, Wildstock Federation)
Squach Sanctuary (@Arkanjel)
Guardian Ceph. Merika (Plentymore)
Cloud City (Cuddlebug15)
Showroom USE (@msnraul)
lilbit (@sharisharishari ?)
TNT/Onesimus Hub (@FlyingAces)
Lucky 7 Shop (Girl)
Wilderness Lodge (@Bjbram)
Castle Brown (@Spoodle and @Bethlehem)

12 Likes

Good luck on future projects friend. Glad I could help in a small way. You know where to find me.

4 Likes

So sweet of u to be appreciative! Im glad I got to connect! (lilbit here)

4 Likes

Very awesome idea you have! Glad to be a part of it!

1 Like

We’ve opened Compass Hub Pheminorum.

Also planets with a Compass Hub are now marked with a Compass Icon from Guardian Hub.

I’m grateful for all those who continue to connect to Compass!

And thanks to our new connections:

Raxxa:
Angel Falls/Laboratory (Traea)

Sochaltin:
Serious
Yaniyogi/Killua

Ceph Merika:
WINDS Alaska (Fireheart)
Fantasy Tree (Prime18)
Big Cactus (Rocksavvy)
OAJFF (Aenar)
Ash/wood farm (Sirdad)

Pheminorum
New Life (Sirdad)
New Athens (Rockysavvy)
Nexus (Phyntar)
Mt Olympus (Zeus)
Mytheria (Quni)
Tuckborough (Angellus and Gnomeria)
Tiggs Tunnels (Solgato)
Lucky 7 (Girl)
Basiks Kushville (SilentKush66)
Sunshine
Legolas (coming soon)
IRON (coming soon)

5 Likes

You’re doing a great job. Keep it up! Everyone check these Compass Hubs out. They help a lot.

1 Like

Can’t thank you enough Orrian :smiley:

Last night I was wandering and I found a new player in the middle of nowhere. Turns out he was regularly using one of our portals which had moved (I showed him where it moved to). Always a pleasant surprise and knowing compass helps new players access the wider universe is certainly something that keeps me going. Going to be more careful about moving portals in the future.

5 Likes

Sounds like a good time. Ive met a lot of nice new people lately. I like this new wave of players lol.

2 Likes

So is tana part of this? Dk is contributing for this so I assume eventually it will come to tana.

1 Like

Glad to hear your enthusiasm! I am prioritizing planets based on their population and spread and will do as many as I can. Tana is certainly well-populated but it’s hard to tell how much of it is DK Mall vs rest of the planet. Before I do a planet I have to research it–certainly helps if someone can help me fill a list of the major builds, coordinates, who to contact for each build, current easiest way to get there. Feel free to PM me your coordinates for example, and any that you happen to know. When research is done, a hub can be built very quickly.

1 Like

Announcing partial release of Compass Hub Maryx. Main interplanetary portals from EZPZ (DK Hops Maryx host, overall popular shop), Guardian Maryx (@Cuetzpalomitl).

Normally I announce a hub when I am satisfied with it. Much more work to be done in Maryx. However, in this case, I think it is important for me to announce earlier because of the new player population on Maryx–I know some of you will be (have been) wanting to go and hang out! I like to find red dots in the wilderness using an atlas + compass hub :slight_smile:

Fuller list of thanks will be coming soon… for now some highlights.

@StormyClouds for a fantastic 3-D compass model (and much chiseling).
@KArios and @whitelet for their awesome EZPZ experience (and everything they’ve done so far helping out people on Maryx, the results of their work have been obvious!)
@Cuetzpalomitl for access to the Guardian Network.

6 Likes

Appreciate the mention, and thank you for this great work that you’re doing!

1 Like

Maryx has pretty good coverage now so come visit our new friends :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot to our new connections, including many shops, hubs, builds, bridges, and most importantly cool vibes:

Sochaltin

itsDave
EasyPeasyGirl
Dukkha/Sayd

Ceph Merika
Elephant Market
Thanks to Aenar for opening a Compass Hub side shop!

Pheminorum
Bounty Seekers

Maryx
EZPZ (whitelet, KArios)
Guardian Maryx (Cuetz)
Slap and Tickle (yoboibillnyee, xMaverick)
Something Awesome (Dreamyra)
YUP (akn609)
Tower of Virtue (Arys/Fogel)
Kanazawa Bunko (Nobikai)
B Team General Goods (EleBear/Darwineous)
House of Crazies (Choices)
Shadow Empire (Rio/Bruno)
Nyx Domain (Lunasol/Nordri)
Deku (Coolpants)
Wytch Haven (WytchHunter)
Bastion (Bones747)

5 Likes

I have my home build on Tana VII and would like to connect when a compass hub is built.

It is called New Thraxxia and right now I maintain to portals to DK Mall, PS Tana VII, and PS Pheminorum.

1 Like

For a limited time, come see our captured cuttletrunks in Compass Hub Ceph Merika captured by the skillful @HOST

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

I haven’t lost it, i stil got it :grin:

4 Likes

Sorry for the long pause since the last update. I try not to spam the forum and only announce when I’m fully satisfied with the map coverage of a new hub but sometimes I can be too much of a perfectionist.

Belated welcome to:

Raxxa
Hela
Hopmah

Sochaltin
Timber Arches

Ceph Merika
Naudhiz and the HONK guild
Sky Diamond Mall
Bissa
Buu and the DUU guild
ImmaRock
TheHunterJaw and the GSM guild

Pheminorum
SQUARE-Toes
FAMY Tiger Mall
Penguin

Maryx
Cxzorajazl
Plentymore
Fanooch

Biitula
Litty
Girty
Quantumino
Normar
Yarlin
Skeletor
Embee
Freya

Originally I was going to post the following in the Memories Contest thread but tbh it feels more appropriate here. I am so SO grateful for everyone who has given us their help, support, constructive criticisms, positive feedback, and kind words (which have really kept us going). Chasing this dream has been tough but you all make it so worth it, more than I ever imagined.

1 Like

Can’t believe I forgot to mention one of my favorite new features we’ve added to Compass Hub, starting with Biitula.
A large portion of the floor is a warp zone for your warp conduit convenience. No need to try to find unplotted land nearby!

Future compass hubs will also include warp zones :smiley:

5 Likes

Roommate moved off Ceph and I followed him to Tana. Thanks for the use of the Compass hub while I was there. It’s much appreciated. I moved my celestial compass shop to DK mall.

1 Like