🎨 [COMPETITION] Get Your Body Paint Featured in Boundless!

I wonder what it’d look like if you assigned the screen contents as your character skin :nauseated_face: :exploding_head:

6 Likes

There ya go @lucadeltodecso . Can you see me on my chest. most of it is distorted and the paint colors limit visibility, but you can see the image of me on myself

6 Likes

Clearly fake; no recursion in the body paint :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well ya, that’ll probably take more than 30 minutes :stuck_out_tongue:

Question, if i want to make it animated paint would i have to do strings of dds? Or would boundless even register it properly? Or Should i test with other animated objects like gleam head gears that already sparkle, and would it need to be the same dimensions?

(hack shader so that “every” non-voxel model uses the screen content luminance as though it were the paint texture)

18 Likes

Well you did it, now we want it. Expect with next update.

4 Likes

I was actually going to ask if it was possible to have mirror blocks and 1 way mirrors

1 Like

this isnt a mirror

I didn’t watch the video just noticed the image looked like it was reflecting off the box like a mirror :sweat_smile:

I came up with the idea of ice crystals because many players have blue characters and that fits very well.

I had no particular thought for the second idea. I just wanted to try something with different patterns

The other ideas are not finished yet :crazy_face:

39 Likes

Oooo noice

I also like @jaidic’s tattoo of himself

2 Likes

Dude that is exactly what I want! 1st place in my eyes so far.

2 Likes

Green hearts and sparkles, request by @Greenheart

8 Likes

Aww, ya beat me to it! lol
When I was working on my jeans last night, I took a break and made this t-shirt (had to use the male char because the female top was in the way). Collar line is a w.i.p. lol

10 Likes

Tried a toga. Still needs some modifications. Going to add a couple tattoos and some sandals.

Edit.
@majorvex the male pictures had dark grey instead of oxide grey on the diaper so it’s not matching the tattoo. I changed it in the female.

So I did a mash up with Apt‘a body paint and the toga. I think they looks pretty good together.

21 Likes

Can you show it on a female char too? (if you have time)

Edit: looks great! Thank you :blush: It blends really well with the clothes.

2 Likes

I like how we have slowly made a photo studio with white concrete.

That’s funny, I also made a UV map paint so I can map out what falls where.

If no one has started on this one, I’ll take a stab at making it tonight.

3 Likes

Kurt Russell from Big Trouble in Little China. Lol.

Squatch war paint.

Did this lizard skin in green and a bald head. Kinda looks like the green dudes in Dragonballz. Lol.

24 Likes

Lizard man looks pretty good! I tried it myself a while ago but the scales came out illegible when I made them small. Nice!

Can you try to make something like Alloy from HZD? Some sort of generic leather hunter outfit that integrates the diaper

Also maybe jeans with sandals and a wifebeater and tattoos. Kind of an eclectic look but I don’t think shoes are doable unless we want them to look like vibram five fingers lol.

It would be cool if the devs enabled two separate tattoos - overlay and background. Is that even possible @lucadeltodecso? So people could wear a toga or whatever on top of their other skins. Could be a great gleam club perk.

1 Like