Complaining vs Praising

Probably it is because the same people complain constantly, in every thread. Their complaint could take 6 months to publish, so 6 months of them bringing it up constantly is annoying.

I made a thread once about a cool visual effect I saw in the game with the atmosphere and then asked if other players had similar situations that were cool…the next post was someone being like “Yea, no that is cool…BUT anyway here is my 4 bullet powerpoint on why the game needs to be improved because of atmospheric reduction as of line of sight related to …” get over yourself it is just a game. Have fun.

I would never play a board game with someone that complained this much.

“Monopoly? Why are there two dice and 12 is the most? That is stupid, we have better dice now, I could be rolling 12 sided dice…and this jail mechanic? RNG from card pulls?? WHAT?? WHY RNG ON CARD PULLS? LET ME PICK A CARD I WANT…if it is going to be RNG, don’t say ‘pick a card’ say ‘draw a card’…”

I think I would just walk away. It is annoying.

Just my two cents :wink:

8 Likes

Guess I don’t understand why I am the example in this thread. I was making a personal observation. I don’t understand this thread, is it good or bad? Should I defend myself or agree? What is the basis or use of this counterpoint to my post???

2 Likes

You were simply the latest to mention how there are too many complaints on the forum. I’ve seen a dozen messages on the forums about people saying there’s too many complaints, and at one point, that also gets tiresome.

Okay, I’ll be the one to say it… Not surprised to see one of the most vocal “complainers” defending their right to complain. If my post made you feel guilty, you could have internalized it and moved on, but posting a pointless follow-up basically proves my point.

3 Likes

And this is where these “discussions” always seem to end up. You get one group labeling the other as complainers that never like anything and continue to bring up the same things over and over and the other group labeling the other as white knights that think the developers can do no wrong.

And this is probably one reason players dig in and seem completely unreasonable. Everyone feels they are not being listened to.

2 Likes

Do not take me wrong, I have nothing against you personally, and I appreciate the honesty of you saying clearly that you consider me as “one of the most vocal complainers”, which constrast with comments seemingly aimed at nobody, which leaves the individual to ask “wait, should I feel target?”.

And yes, I do defend my right to give negative feedback (which is structurally different from complaining) if I feel it’s needed. As I said, the point of forums like this one is not just to pat the devs on the back.
I’m not gonna denigrate you for not wanting to complain or give negative feedback. I’d appreciate if people would stop wining about people giving negative feedback.

2 Likes

Well said. You have my respect fwiw.

Haha… gold. :joy:

3 Likes