Complementing combat

I had a thought.

Since we are sort of tribal space travelers, would having war horns and war drums be a thing that could be created for the game?

Meaning like a horn made out of wildstock horn that provides a buff for all in a certain meter range and the also gives the user x experience for each person affected by the buff.

Same idea for the drum. But it could be a debuff on all enemies in a certain meter range and experience would be given to user for how many enemies are affected.

That way you have both horn users and drum users.

I think it would be interesting and would add more support abilities to players, now that we have swords and shields coming.

Any thoughts?

4 Likes

Drummer support reminds me of this guy from Paragon (more like paragone)

I think the bomber role was supposed to be the support you’re looking for, but I like instruments a lot better.

I would imagine it a little different, with different instruments - or at least different forgings - for various tasks, and filling your whole quickbar with different buff types.
Maybe different instruments could be different focuses - drum for short range, high power; horn for long range, low power; etc. and then forge for different effects?

• Health regen over time (to not compete with bombs)
  • Energy regen over time
  • Speed buff
  • Damage buff
  • Damage debuff
  • Speed debuff
  • AoE Stun
  • AoE Aggro

A well financed, well equipped, bard could be a massive boon to any hunting group, playing different instruments based on the situation!

3 Likes

yees and the music they play sounds good alone but together its layered and is full.

2 Likes

Yes, supporting needs to be as fun and challenging as other roles, and boundless isn’t an exception, just running around healing and reviving people isn’t good enough. Buff bombs are nice but I agree that an aura that you need to activate is better, especially with bombs being buggy occasionally (doesn’t apply heal/buff if the target is moving) and relatively low durability.

1 Like

I forget they even exist to be honest and if i cant reliably apply them on some one they are basically a waste of money.

2 Likes