[COMPLETE] Forum Downtime from 1030BST / 0930UTC

Thanks. I’ve squeezed stuff up a bit.

Quick technical CSS question - when is it considered good style to use:
padding: 5px rather than padding: 0.4em;

I applied custom styles with chrome extension

it’s good to keep it consistent across the web page either em or px. As you prob didn’t write the basic theme, I’d go for em coz discourse design layout is responsive and that may scale better. (But it seems discourse devs use rem, em, and px)

Psst it almost never makes any difference

1 Like

@james perhaps the ignore posts after flagging needs a settings change, one flag of one user is enough now to hide it… Gonna be ‘fun’!

I just took a super quick look and it looks like the scoring system takes into account a collection of factors now: the flagger’s trust level and the flagger’s past success rate.

This makes some sense. The forum software in general attempts to trust community members who earn that trust.

Doesn’t mean it doesn’t need balancing.

Additionally - I’d be happy to have the community self moderate. I’m not always online to review flags - and I find it hard to moderate on behalf of the community. Because my own tolerances for inappropriate / off topic / etc are pretty high. I’m just happy to ignore and skip over rubbish.

5 Likes

Well a fun thing just happened, I got flagged by one user, the one I replied to and boom, hidden, since the post I replied to was also off-topic I did the same to his, boom, hidden.

Can’t be right tho? Because this way both our trust levels are going up too! :slight_smile:

PS. that user and I are ok and all so no worries there, just ehmm, felt wrong that it was this easy…

Maybe - but the flags still show up in the queue for me to review.

If I disagree then your flag success score will decrease and you’ll lose the authority.

As ever - use your powers wisely…

The old mute feature is still there but the ignore feature is new.

I have researched this within the last couple of months and in the face of many, many user requests the discourse devs have always refused to add this feature. I might search around today to see if there’s any blog or something on why the turnaround.

Specifically in the prior version you could disable notifications regarding certain users but not block or ignore their posts on the general forum. I might try the new setting on someone just to see if it 100% suppresses them but it looks like it does.

EDIT: Thanks james for that (just made the same typo in google).

Also it looks like this feature was released in June.

Haha, cool.

Just noticed that right after posting it got flagged and went poof so had to test it out myself!

I’m not a fan of how the category is now in the same column as the post name, I’m used to looking at just the tags, or just the post name when scrolling through trying to find a specific recent thread.

But I can live with it, separated them a bit from the thread name, just a tad more padding and it’s fine. Colored the top bar buttons uniformly as well.

CSS Overrides

.link-bottom-line {
margin-top: 5px;
}

.custom-header-links .headerLink a, .d-header-icons .d-icon {
color: white;
}

.topic-list th, .topic-list td {
padding-top: 5px;
}

.topic-list .link-bottom-line a.badge-wrapper.box {
padding-top: 2px;
padding-bottom: 2px;
}

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.