Complex object limit, my final barrier

I just finished the proto-proofing of my next workshop build and find I hit the limit just over half way to the top, the utilization is 14 fully outfitted machines each setting to one side of each floor, each machine row sits outside the 6x6 core floor space with a 8x8 structure going up several floors. I want to create my first BRUTALIST style workshop, and hope this limitation will be alleviated in some way.

If you double the limit, it will solve everything for me, and many others.

4 Likes

how many chunks are you building over? was there a way to stretch the build over more chunks than you have?

saying that, of course that limit being higher would help a lot!

I am sure there is a reason for the limit. Taking a wild guess may have something to do with the Cross platform play. The limit of 512 has been in place for a long time and multiple people have stopped playing due to this but never has it been increased.

Uber PC player with 1000+ Mesh blocks in build - Celebrates
Ps4 player walks into area – WHY is the game lagging! I quit!
Budget PC player with less than Steller graphics card – Why does this game suck when I go near this awesome build! I quit!

While I also would love to see the complex block/mesh limited increased…but there is a reason for this and I am sure @james can shed some light on the limitations.

Praying for more complex blocks but without impacting other players gaming experience :slight_smile:

4 Likes

it was indeed performance that decided about introducing the limit

4 Likes

I mean even my toaster run this game… On EA too…

3 Likes

one of these?

8 Likes

My wife’s work laptop crashes in my workshop that’s got two chunks just below the limit.

3 Likes

@Dunedragon had a gem vault in EA made entirely of stone furnace bases.

It crashed the planet, they implemented it a little while afterward

So #blamedune

6 Likes

I did the build in practice, and in order to make it work i would have to spread it out just like my current workshop of 16x16, but it’s truly a blight on the landscape, even with advanced chunk placement and management.

Verticality is my specialty, I make beautiful magic happen when im able to build higher freely.

1 Like

yeah I agree vertical is needed for good builds

I suppose in case of functional builds it can be stretched underground and have pretty parts above going up.
My main machine hall is underground, and I gave it a lot of attention inside, but thanks to being hidden I didn’t have to care about outside looks (for compactness and functionality the entire crafting space is simply square and it wouldn’t look good as a building standing on surface, unless I built more around it to hide it of course).

The way I went with the separate buildings for thematical storages and crafting stations, I was able to combine spreading over larger area with building up a bit (each separate building has its own potential to have floors, small towers and such).
If I tried to encompass all that with one large building it would be just a huge flat looking thing like a mall. But these are individual buildings, each different style and materials and colors, and space between them is all trees, grassy areas with flowers and plants, some streets etc. So some decoration and natural terrain left as it is. that way I could divide my meshes between more chunks and at the same time I had freedom of building how I want, and not how large machine/storage set up dictates.

These are some compromises if it comes to building crafting and storage spaces: take more space horizontally to manage mesh limit and at the same time give it good looks so its not just large flat squarish structure.

2 Likes