Connecting (Error: 17) -> FIXED

Don’t know for sure if related, but @georgegroeg couldn’t login into the forums because the certificate for account.playboundless.com has expired today @james (or @blake).

2 Likes

I’d say that’s most likely the cause to be honest - the wildcard SSL Cert is in the process of expiring.

3 Likes

Okay, that’s not good. Whoever’s in charge of their online infrastructure should have today noted down on their calendar and have sorted out the cert. Speaking as someone who has been in that business for a long time.

It does seem to conflict with them pushing out an update today though. Either they’re looking after things or they aren’t. :thinking:

2 Likes

today isnt over yet xD

Australia would like a word with you ^^

2 Likes

@Stretchious where did you get that from? I updated the ssl certs last week but maybe something didn’t get the update, I do suspect that’s the issue though

You can go to https://account.playboundless.com/ in firefox and it warns you. If you check the certificate it shows as expired.

1 Like

Looking at the account.playboundless.com link (I’ve not been there in a long time).

Strangely it’s fine on the forum.playboundless.com link though (although I’ve been logged on here all day)

grafik
The time is lining up pretty well with your first post @Stretchious

edit: That’s from the certificate details in firefox

1 Like

your second link isn’t working for me either, that’s wierd—ooop take out the s in forums

It’s because I’m a numpty and pluralised the links :joy: fixed them now!

2 Likes

current new error
meaning the game should be up and running pretty soon!

It sounds like it’s just coincidence. As far as we know, the update didn’t break the game. The expiring SSL certificate did. They just both happened to fall on the same day.

2 Likes

I can get in now. Both forum and in game. :raised_hands::raised_hands:

4 Likes

And just like that it’s fixed. :smiley:

2 Likes

problem solved

2 Likes

Thanks guys, back in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Working indeed! Thanks for fixing team!

4 Likes

Yeah should all be working now, apologies for the disruption.

22 Likes

:poop: happens :man_shrugging:

1 Like