Connection issue poll

I haven’t been able to play since the social isolation directive came down. Too many of my neighbours stay home and, I dunno, stream videos on the internet or something.

Of course, the problem is obviously my ISP has oversubscribed their backhaul, since my problem applies to all sites (do you realize just how many round trips the Google home page requires to load?) and all Boundless servers equally. The poll was whether we have connection issues (I do), not whether you think Wonderstruck is doing a good job maintaining a network topology that serves you in a personally optimal way.

That really sucks. It is annoying enough for me just having issues to one region but to have issues to all of them would be terrible.

Strange, i’m also in the UK and get a lot of “unstable connection” errors and rubber-banding in AUS worlds and some in US-West worlds when the ping goes above 200 and i’m also on Fibre broadband (Virginmedia 100Mb)

I used to be with virgin media (I think I was on their 50mb package) but switched to sky. I was getting horrendous packet loss with virgin and even when I Initially switched to sky with just there standard internet I was getting a better connection than with virgin. The standard sky connection wasn’t fast enough for Boundless though so switched to their fiber and so far it’s been fine (been with sky at least 2 years now with no problems)

Appreciate everyone who took the time to vote. Makes me feel slightly better that I am not the only one with frequent connection issues.

I started on Raxxa and it’s where I feel most at home. But over the past couple of weeks, I get daily rubber banding and placed blocks disappearing right after placing them. Even though I have everything set up to what I want, now the thought of moving again just for better connection crosses my mind.

@the-moebius

Tool is no longer working, is there really a need to have it working again?
Then I would have to research how all world are working now a days, since many updates have come by.

i dont think so was just remembering it so i wanted to show it to Soju-VB hes having connection problems but he seem to have tested it allready

@NL-Tim you checking forum cause you and prozee having some crazy rental world plans? hehe
would be cool to see another project like old days i know you huys go big our go home

Yeah, I just have used ping and tracert to do my many tests. For those wanting to do the same, these are what I use.

tracert gs-live-usw1.playboundless.com

tracert gs-live-use1.playboundless.com

tracert gs-live-euc1.playboundless.com

tracert gs-live-aus1.playboundless.com

I was just getting ready to post and ask for some ideas on how to handle many of these same issues. My internet company was here today and adjusted my antenna and said that should take care of my spikes on their end but it hasn’t seemed to help me in game AT ALL. it is getting very frustrating. I am working on moving all my stuff to a more local planet to see if that helps but when getting rock and gathering it seems to happen on all planets. Not just at home. So I am not too hopeful. I wondered if I lowered graphic settings or something if that might help?

You can try adjusting the download rate in your network settings, but that did nothing for my issues no matter what setting I chose.

Okay, don’t laugh at me. How do I do this? … I SAID DON’T LAUGH!!

No worries :wink:

I am on PC, so not sure if you are as well…

On PC you press ESC, then choose settings. Under the Network tab find the chunk download rate

Annotation%202020-07-11%20074623

1 Like

Will also mention that from my testing it appears the connection issues (for me) start when the connection reaches the Amazon servers… at that point all bets are off as to what happens to the connection.

Thanks, I changed it to 4 but my connection should have no problems with this game…I have played games much more high end than this with no problems. I just don’t understand what’s going on the last couple of weeks.

Yeah, Boundless is unfortunately VERY sensitive to connection issues anywhere between you and the server. So even if your connection is great at home, if anywhere down the line there is any trouble then it affects the game drastically.

If you are having issues like me, then it is likely that the sever giving you trouble changes. For me Aus is ok in the mornings, but the others are terrible (because it is probably a busier time for them locally) but then in the evenings my connection to Aus is completely unplayable lately but servers like US West are fine most of the time.

I am based in South Korea by the way… so physically I am much closer to Aus than any other server.

And when I first started playing (pre-COVID) Aus was pristine all day long from a connection point of view… and as such thats where I set up home.

I can tell the game sees it as well… when I first started, making a new char ALWAYS recommended Aus as the server of choice for me… but now it depends on the time of day… sometimes US West, sometimes US East… and even sometimes EU… which is crazy (other side of the planet)

Yeah, the network thing didn’t work. :frowning: I have been having problems for just a couple of weeks really. I am not sure what changed. I thought it was related to my internet and my ISP came out and did some adjustments to things today and it just isn’t any better so it must not be that.

Sorry to hear that :disappointed: … I haven’t played in weeks due to the connection issues.

I wonder how many people are having issues that just don’t pay attention to the forums. I am going to give moving a shot, hopefully that will work. If it doesn’t…I just might be in the same boat as you.

1 Like