Connection problems in all worlds

As the title says, I have been experiencing connection problems, since about a week ago, I would like to know what problems you are having with this, I have internet in perfect condition, I should not fail so much, then the error is yours, they could fix it soon please, it’s tedious to play like this, greetings, happy game

use the search function… there is a thread about it…

might not relate directly to your current experience but lots of useful nuggets of information etc.

The problem in almost all cases is neither Boundless nor your provider. It’s the route in between. If you have a smaller provider, they tend to only have 1 backbone they can connect with, and if something down the route from there is having issues, you will as well. Some of the larger providers, and by that I mean those covering large areas, are able to change the paths your data follows by changing the backbone they are connected to.
Backbones are the Tier 3 providers. Those that own the major data lines. Many of them don’t provide residential service, just the paths, and possibly some universities or large businesses.

Sucks that the only game I’ve ever experienced this with is boundless on the regular. I’m curious why the “backbone lag” only effect this game to a highly noticeable degree. Makes me wonder if it really is on wonderstrucks end. What I mean is the highway can suck. But it’s fine if you have the right vehicle. What does boundless do different than 500 other games that are server based do?

2 Likes

I havent got an answer, but coming from red dead online, there was a huge part of that community, who couldnt even play that game due to connectivity issues. The reason ended up being old routers and wrong router settings (that worked fine in any other game).

1 Like

How are the planets in your own region performing?

Because that IS what is different to Boundless, we expect to go to ALL the planets with the same ease as if they were being hosted around the corner.

No other game allows all the players to be on servers on the other side of the world. Yes, yes, I know in many games you can select a different server in another region, what I mean is that in other games there is only the need to connect to ONE server at any given time, and of course you are going to be using the one that gives you the best connection. With Boundless you might actually want to go to all the planets in all the regions in one play session…

If you want the same performance like the other 500 online games than they would have to separate the regions and you can then only ever visit planets in your nearest region, that wouldn’t be ideal either…

3 Likes

That is my point. No other games have done this. On my server. 30 percent of the time ESPECIALLY since rental planets went into testing (not sure if there is correlation there) . No matter who’s house I go to in what state when I play. I mean, if I voice chat with over 100 people in this game and almost everyone is saying the same thing there may be a problem.

So I’m wondering, if the constant connection to other server region is what causes this game to suffer. That few days when Comcast and Verizon has “ issues” and I could not leave alder. I’ll tell you what I could do. I fired up 26 other online games of mine and they worked great. I talked to people outside of my country. Does this mean anything? I’m just want to know what’s going on and so do many others. I can tell you it’s enough for people to leave the game.

1 Like

Don’t think it matter if you’re drunk or not tho! :joy:

Then you do know what Boundless does different and why the other games do not have such issues either…

And your home planet, which is what I think you mean with ‘my server’, is in the same region as you live in right?

But let me get this straight tho, you are having connection issues with planets in the same region as you? If so, then yeah, that is kinda weird.

If you’re talking about planets outside of your own region than it makes sense due to well, different and longer routes to those servers.

2 Likes

But… all those other games only let you connect to ONE server at a time which is probably one that is the closest to you, right?

The issues with Comcast/verizon were because of routing issues to servers OUTSIDE of your region… mostly EU ones if I remember correctly

I never experienced the lag you describe. Im in EU and if i go to an AUS world, theres some lag, but most is managable. The EU worlds are all lagfree for me, and i have a mediocre connection from my ISP.

Thanks Anena. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be helpful to remember that most online games people play have a prerendered world/levels that are mostly static and loaded client side. A Boundless world has millions (billions?) of entities that need to be loaded from the server and can be constantly being changed by many players at one time.

On the one hand you are right. No other game puts you on foreign servers and, usually, maintains playability. Or at least sometimes.

On the other hand, my ping to every other game in the universe is 15-20ms. And my ping to boundless USE and USW is at best 70-80. I’ve literally never seen 50ms. Not a single time in 16 months of play. This makes me suspect there is something “off” with boundless itself.

1 Like

Well, I have seen pings of 48ms on an EU server… Most of the time it’s around 55ms for me on Trung, in my workshop tho it’s usually higher…

And that is another thing that is a tad odd or different, the ms number the game shows is NOT the actual ping, it takes other things into account which is why it shoots up when entering a new world, you go near your farm and the game needs to recalc the plants growth changes since your last visit, etc., etc.

James mentioned that not too long ago but it’s always hard to find where…

Im pretty sure the discombubulator got discombubulated causing the intra web interstellar trafficking redirection to falter causing a seismic tear in the space time continuity causing said connection issues…yeah I have no idea.

2 Likes

U tryin too hard my guy

Lol :joy: definitely 10 characters

1 Like

shoot that was very little effort actually …ill be here in the Acapulco lounge all week get your tickets while supplies last.

2 Likes