Consistent Crashing Since Update

It’s happening to me to, it’s impossible to go mining, returning to the surface on every crash.
I updated my drivers but no luck. my Video card is a GTX1050 running at 4k with max settings.

It isn’t so much crashing as it is freezing/locking. So this doesn’t trigger the crash-log report system when starting boundless again.

Edit, more info: I was just standing idle with the character menu or main menu open while the game window wasn’t focused. When I returned it had locked.

1 Like

I’ve played 4 hours today with 2 crashes to desktop, and 3 crashes where it’s frozen.

2 of those times I was playing with storeage blocks.

Very frustrating considering how much ive invested in this game.

I also received 10-12 crashes in 3-4 hours tonight. Crash logs were usually sent except for a couple lock ups.

1 Like

Same here. Just whacking soil and then bam. Crash.

Thanks everyone for replying. Sorry to hear the bad luck from everyone but I must admit it’s reassuring to hear multiple people with varying setups reporting the same issue. Hopefully we get some sort of update revert until it’s fixed or at least a hot patch. They did have multiple gphx updates related to shaders etc so who knows what the quirk may be I just want it fixed so I can return to no lifeing please :slight_smile: and ps. On that mining thing I fed your pain. That’s what made me break down and hit the forums.

Ive had a couple of crashes today myself and my daughter…

Happens is an almost complete freeze… sound still appears to be working but cant move and screen freeze… and have to hard kill the app to get out (task manager kill)

My machine i7-2600k 16Gig ram Nvidia 1060 6Gb… running off an SSD. 3 Monitors Main 1920x1080
Daughers i7-4910. 32Gig Ram, Nvidia 880m running off an SSD 2 Monitors Main 1920x1080

Both machines running Win 10 Pro x64 with ALL drivers up to date.

Crashed 3 times to desktop today. first time since having the game.

System:
Windows 10
I7 7700k
1080ti
SSD
32gig ram

It’s possible we’ve isolated this issue and will get a fix deployed ASAP. We’re working on when this will be possible.

2 Likes

From my experience, it appears to happen if I initiate an action while another is in progress… like left click while a right click action is in-progress.

Just some extra info if you need it…

-Sys

Hi, how are you? since the last update I’m having constant closures of the game, sometimes 15 minutes of the game and the vast majority just enter the game.
It simply closes me and does not give any information I can offer you so that you know the cause.
I have had more than 20 closures of the game this morning.
I’m a PC player, from Spain
Any solution?
Thank you

Same, crashes have been 15-45 minutes apart. Building and mass-harvesting resources seems to be the worst. Running around and harvesting ground resources didn’t seem to cause much trouble.

1 Like

Let’s hope it’s coming soon. Games unplayable for quit a few people currently and considering it’s not long after launch… I mean I was afk in my basement with my menu open for like 3 minutes when I started my game and come back to a crashed client…

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me but…
The order of words you used…
Just genius!

I’m consistently crashing when near a friend, and they quit the game.

I must admit I’m getting pretty close to moving on from this. Boundless is a beautiful game but it’s been in dev and playable since like 2014-2015 and it’s still basically unplayable when doing this. Fix was supposed to be coming today I thought and nothing. If anything’s it’s worse. Not to mention the scuffed trading and shop stands etc etc. fix your portals and server load and client issues before adding to the game more please

A hotfix was released yesterday. If you’re still experiencing crashes, then if you can let us know the approximate time you have last submitted a crash dump we can take a look.

I’m at work currently but I’m sure it will come around 6pm EST. So expect a note around then

I have been having crashes exactly as everyone else describes and have submitted crash logs every time. The game is pretty unplayable and it really messes up mining - returning you to the surface, kills you when hunting etc. I also wrote a post about how all of my refined oort shards vanished when I made a portal and no one ever got back to me about how to recover them. After paying $65 for the game + digital content, it doesn’t feel very finished…

I’ve had a thread about that going with the dev a few days ago. My PS4 friends and I have been experiencing the same thing. Random crashing! That’s the thread. This is the dev I was talking to as well. You may want to describe your experience to him on that thread.