Constant rain - please make it stop! or at least give us more control!

We need more rain! Rain is good!

1 Like

come to Refgar, people, this is the saudi arabia of all planets.

I built a roof over my base to counter any rain… but until now i never needed it >.<

edit: the demonstation effect i guess: i log in and see some few drops of rain lol. But never had heavy rainfall at least. Only few raindrops max :DD

reporting from Phemonirum’s channel 8, news at 6 with Rumplypigskin

Troll%20weatherman%20hehe_837cf6_3432300

That is all…

Edit: I like the rain, it’s only rained a couple times in Phem though, Everytime I go anywhere else is pouring. I should just learn my lesson and never leave Phemonirum.

1 Like

I understand that every world has its own weather, I understand people who say not to touch it.

But understand that living in a world with rain 23/24h 7/7 as on Boori and Beckon, that begin really to irritate me.

or let us the opportunity to cut the sound
Personally that hit my nerves

1 Like

still better than the weather outside >.<

It will be worse…

4 Likes

I wish we could have those characters back :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

In Everquest a Druid could stop the rain with a special consumable gem.

Also, in Grump Store the other day 1 half of the store was getting rain and the other half wasn’t.

Absolutely. At first it was nice and soothing, but it starts to get bothersome after a while. The puffs of mist that rise up from the ground after the heavy rains make it difficult to see when you’re trying to build something, too. :\

Have to grab those screenshots, quick, because sometimes there are only a few minutes or less between downpours.

Edit: I adore the gentle rains that come through, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m currently building on gellis and it rains a lot. And I like it. The sound is soothing, like when I’m in the attic and it rains on the velux windows. It’s not annoying the way having to build in the dark half the time is. Keep the rain, reduce nighttime!

1 Like

haha OP called for a way to control weather, so u could potentially have it rain more.

Yes I would like a way to control the weather. If i could build a device where I could make it rain and storm 100% of the time around my base. I would like that very much.

2 Likes

Oh yes.
And that beautiful light.
The new light is still far behind.

2 Likes

by control I meant client volume or graphics detail, however I kind of like the idea of a localised weather control machine. Adds some… interesting… build/design choices not to mention pvp type possibility :wink:

Back in EA there used to be a switch that let you turn off all the weather effects/affects. I would turn it off when I really had something I needed to concentrate on.

But as hard as it would be to implement, I would love to control the weather on my own plots. I would have a heavy fog so you could barely see my house until you ran into it. Or keep the neighbors up with 24/7 bright sunshine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just like 7 days to die the devs want to mess with weather and make it worse. I hate the non stop rain. Have enough of that I real life, don’t want it in a game. The sun is too bright and glaring when it goes down, makes it hard to see anything if looking in that direction. Real life, at least in my home area, it isn’t as bright. But we have mostly cloudy skies so not much sunlight anyhow. I like sunlight, just not glaringly bright so you can’t see what is coming at you. When I am moving across a rocky landscape that has a lot of holes and drop-offs the last thing I want is sunlight glaring so I can’t see what is in front of me and I fall and get injured, or worse, die.

Give me full scale blizzards that last a full day and night, movement speed halved and can’t see in front of your face! Alnitans is too tame

This! I’d love snow storms.

1 Like

Actually what’s really annoying me now is when its raining and you get water dripping from the ceiling and the mist/steam or whatever it is when you are inside a building with several solid ceilings/roofs of various materials above you or so deep underground there is no way the weather can be directly impacting you. While “realism” isn’t really expected, there has to be a level of ‘normal’ that applies but is lacking.