[Contest] RESULTS ANNOUNCED! - Portal Seekers & Viking’s 2x2 Christmas Build Competition! Over 2.5 Million coin in Prizes!

Hello everyone! I am proud to announce a new Christmas Themed build contest, co-hosted by Portal Seekers and Vikings on planet Valhalla!

Planet Valhalla, accessible from most Major Hubs (including a Christmas portal on the main platform of PS Biitula)

Rules

• Each Contestant gets a 2x2 plot space to build on.
    • Technically, the build area is 16x16x17 blocks including the floor, which can be modified.
  • Each Contestant has until January 14th 2021 to build anything Christmas themed.

Each Contestant will be judged on the following criteria:

• Originality
    • How resourceful and unique the build is given the build constraints
  • Jollyness
    • How “Christmassy” the build is
  • Complexity
    • How intercrete the build is; the smaller details in the build
  • Wow Factor
    • Use of Colors and Chisel Technique

Judges TBA

Prizes:

• 1st Place – 1 Million Coin
  • 2nd Place – 650k Coin
  • 3rd Place – 300k Coin
  • 4th & 5th Place – 150k Coin
  • 6th – 10th Place – 75k Coin
  • 11th – 20th Place – 30k Coin
  • 21st – 32nd Place – 10k Coin

How to Participate:

Each 2x2 area is pre-plotted by PS. To enter, either send Vansten (that’s me) a friend request in-game, or send an invite to Portal Seekers Builders Faction in-game. Theres a guild book in the contest area and in our guildhall in PS Grovidias Te.

Once you’ve done that, send me a message here on the fourms or on Discord with your in-game name.

Then I will allocate a build space based on the following areas below, as well as changing the beacon name to your character’s name.

Everybody is encouraged to participate, regardless of if you’re new or a veteran! I’m looking forward to seeing what everybody creates!

Also, big shoutout to Rydralain and his Sovereign “Chromis I”, which both inspired me and helped me with some of the colors.

20 Likes

nice @Vansten , i love this event/build competition!

good luck to everyone participating :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

Good luck everyone i can’t wait to see what our community comes up with.

2 Likes

Thanks for the shoutout! Hopefully this month’s bright colors on Chromis can help people with their builds in the contest! If not, blame the voters :wink:

I’ll be sitting this one out, since I’m on a couple of big projects already, but I’m excited to see what everyone comes up with!

5 Likes

This sounds amazing! I’m in!

4 Likes

Updated OP to Clarify that you can also just add my character as a friend if you prefer

2 Likes

I’d love to do something here :slight_smile:

Valhalla is an awesome planet, and Christmas is ok I guess… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I did a li’l thing - it’s not much, but wanted to contribute :slight_smile:

Jeez, I love that planet so much <3

5 Likes

Looking really sweet!

Still plenty of spots available and plenty of time left to build, I want to see what everyone else comes up with!

3 Likes

Challenge accepted.

Thx For the spot… Ill try freestyle some nature vibes In the mix :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

@Vansten Thank you for putting this together it looks like a lot of fun! I’d love to participate!

4 Likes

Thx @BabyCookie . some details still to be added.

9 Likes

Absolutely amazing entry Buugi!

We still have plenty of time left if anyone still feels like entering. At this rate I may end up extending it given we have only 4 people so far, so even if you are vaguely interested sign up now so I can see what you create!

4 Likes

Thanks!
Could be nice if you just extend it as all holiday stuff Coming now, but obviously its up To you guys.

3 Likes

I’ll come grab a plot tomorrow :heart:

4 Likes

Hey mate, when did you want to go and grab a plot? If your in PS I can give you a plot, alternatively if we can find a time to meet up in game i can friend you and add you that way.

1 Like

I’ll be on later, I’ll ping you when I’m on. Been super busy with snowballs and RL xmas stuff.

2 Likes

Just an FYI, Il be extending this contest for another 2 weeks due to lack of participants, if anyone still feels like entering the new end date is 14th of January.

4 Likes

I’ll likely be on tonight or tomorrow. I’m a sucky builder with the details but I guess that giving it a go may well improve some techniques! Shall I PM you on here when I get online to see if you’re around? Or hit you up on discord?

3 Likes

Either works! Whatever is easier for you mate!

1 Like