Contextual Menu Shortcuts (keyboard)

Quality of life Suggestion here:

It would be awesome to have some UI shortcuts for Menus / windows… the PS4 controller already has this for cycling through the tabs using the bumpers… seems like it would be easy to add this functionality to the keyboard… on say the strafing keys? another set could be for cycling filters

i use wow like key bindings (Q & E for strafing and A & D for turning the camera) so i can do basic navigation with one had… so the turn keys would make since for cycle filters (for me at least) but W & S could work too

anyway this and other shortcuts could make navigating the menus and checking on crafting machines MUCH smoother ^^

I would love to hear ppls thoughts and suggestions on potential shortcut / contextual keys ^^

also strange bit on rebinding “E” is that it sill closes the crafting menus even though it’s no longer my interact key =/

also copying the bindings from the controller bit over to the keyboard section was… not a good idea lol (crashes the game when added to the Defaults and does nothing when added to the custom keybindings)

3 Likes

nice idea :bulb:

1 Like

We have plans for this. Hopefully it will be in the game soon. :smiley:

4 Likes

My thoughts?

2 Likes

I rebound E to middle mouse button.

The button work to open menus (machines, trade and all that), but i can not close menus with mouse button.
Have to reach keyboard to close them (E or ESC).

1 Like

Wow that is strange! I have mine on tab along with the option enabled for interact to open inventory… it works fine other than the before mentioned issue… I guess they didn’t anticipate ppl changing it lol

Brilliant!

Lol @Spoygg… Love futurama :heart:

1 Like