Contract: chisel artists wanted! [Closed]

I’m seeking to employ a chisel artist to redo the windows on the Blackstone Manufactorum using the new precise square chisel tool. I have 30 6x8 stone “windows” that I think would be an excellent opportunity to showcase the new capabilities of the chisel tool.
I am willing to pay 500c per window, 15000c total.

I have the following requirements:
-Windows must not have any gaps large enough to pass through.
-Windows must have a Victorian Gothic Chapel aesthetic.
-You must construct a prototype template design to be inspected and approved before I grant beacon permissions to complete the contract.
-All windows must match this prototype.
-Provide your own tools.
-Payment upon completion of 30 windows.
Edit:
-Additional term: I’m not liable for any tool damage suffered from falling deaths! Work safety is your own priority!

Screenshots of the work area are to follow, or visit the Blackstone Manufactorum in New Berlyn City.

12 Likes

All the windows should be identical?

‘All windows must match this prototype’ he says. :wink:

1 Like

Ah I’m blind. Thanks

1 Like

So you’re looking for the window to be made entirely with the precise square chisel? Or are other options allowed too, maybe for details

Well, preferably yes, but submit a prototype of whatever you propose and I may grant a contract regardless.

Just keep in mind that what ever you submit will be replicated 30x

Cool!
And is it 6 horizontal, 9 vertical (just checking :stuck_out_tongue:)

Yes, though I’m kinda working from memory here- I highly advise you visit the site for details, including the existing framing! Top of windows are framed in an “arch” shape.

1 Like

I’m in New Berlyn but I’m a little lost… Can anyone give me directions from the portal hub please :slight_smile:

Just checked out the build I can do a gothic chapel theme do you still need someone to do the work before i start on a template… i know we have to provide our own tools but are providing the materials? :slight_smile:

I will post and lock this thread once a contract has been awarded. You should build your own prototype, the windows themselves will be built from the existing stone on site.

The build site is found on the floating glacial islands past the red gleam pyramid.

1 Like

Looking at the build now - really incredible work!

It looks like the windows are 6x8 though not 6x9?

1 Like

Uuugh, well I was going from memory, so 6x8 then if that’s what you’re looking at.

1 Like

Just wanted to check you weren’t planning some sort of window extension :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ll have a go at some designs now!

1 Like

I can’t do any designs today, maybe I’ll be able to tomorrow. Anyway, I’m planning to! When are you going to pick someone?

Have a couple of designs in mind, and I’ve prototyped one :slight_smile:
I know you wanted a design based mainly on the titanium chisel but I threw in a bit of gold chiselling too…
If it’s not the kind of thing you’re looking for then maybe I’ll use it in my own build :wink:

Based on:

12 Likes

Design 2 has been prototyped. Slight variation on the first design.

The little panels at the bottom could be left in the ground floor windows, to give a bit more or a wall, and removed on higher windows :slight_smile:

11 Likes

OMG WOW! I really like these! If I could make a little input- There is a little red gleam at the top and bottom of for lighting effects, if it had some small openings in there, it would give a faint red glow.

I’m going to wait until Monday just to give people a chance to finish their submissions, but this is already above and beyond what I anticipated!

Type 1 is my favorite of your submissions so far.

3 Likes

Looks really good.