Contract: chisel artists wanted! [Closed]

Bumping this. I’ll be selecting a prototype Monday night 9/25/17 around 6pm central. Get your submissions in before then, or this is an EASY contract for @Smidge to grab up!

I’M CALLING YOU OUT, CHISEL KNIGHTS! HAVE YOU NO HONOR?!

9 Likes

Or feel free to not submit… Smidge needs money for new chisels :wink:

9 Likes

I would post but I still can’t use my laptop, and chiseling on my phone would be a nightmare

2 Likes

Im down, gimme a couple hours

1 Like

Very curious to see what people come up with. Nice project @Havok40k

1 Like

I’ve decided to try this out and see what i could test myself upon using the new chisels, and it came out pretty decent, i tried to use the square chisel as much as i could, but i started using more of the bevel chisel and found some neat shapes that connected together fairly well.

Gothic hasn’t been one of my most used themes, but i tried my best to match it up with whatever references i found.

18 Likes

What chisel did you use to make that grid shape in the middle? I really love the pattern! :smiley:

I can’t make titanium chisels yet, and titanium hammers would come first. :stuck_out_tongue:

Love it. for windows I really believe it matters what’s behind the window. In this case for the effect to truly come together I’d put a wall behind it half a distance away with some dark metamorphic or something to see the gleam and pattern really work that lighting.

I used the bevel chisel to make the patterns, remove an entire slab from a block then knock out two more on opposite corners.

Overtime, after creating rough, I experimented over and over and found something that actually worked :grinning:

2 Likes

I bet that would help bring out the lighting indeed, but I don’t know if @Havok40k wants anything obstructed.

I will add a wall later when I am online, and give more screenshots, thanks for the suggestion :smile:

Omg that is TRUELY fascinating! These new chisels are a true game changer!

6 Likes

I just so happen to have the full range of chisels on sale at the site :wink:

6 Likes

Haha @Combyte, by coincidence I stumbled on the same grid pattern last night. BEVEL CHISEL 4 LYFE! Here are some other notes:

• it’s flat from the other side. So you can reverse it (chisel away from the back surface) if you want a totally flat version.
  • you can make disjoint pieces from a single block this way (use bevel chisel, leave only opposite body-diagonal corners)
  • if you combine those disjoint blocks you can get some interesting designs, PLUS bigger openings that still block creatures

Some screenshots, just as examples:

6 Likes

Awesome, haha i guess i’m not the only one then :stuck_out_tongue:!

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing after i sent the images, about the flat side. Either i’m gonna make another layer behind it like you’ve said, or I’ll just put some slabs behind it as mentioned by @endymion.

Either way, i’m sure it’ll work out! Thanks for the ideas :smiley:!

3 Likes

We can finally make smaller floating diamond shapes. It’s been quite popular theme before but we could only make big ones so it always needed bigger structure around to look good.

5 Likes

Im a few hours late selecting who to grant this contract to but after some deliberation I’ve selected @Combyte to fulfill this contract. Congratulations!

1 Like

Wow, Thank you! I’d be glad to work on those as soon as possible when I’m available! :smiley:

Happy to help out and be to be part of the community :slight_smile:

3 Likes