Could we get an Auction house already...please? :)

And this is the difference. I have visited the planet and seen what is there. why do I havet o repeat the activity time and time again. It does not change and doe snot get more interesting. Exploring indicates finding something new to me. Going through the same portals time and time again is not exploring.

Solve it all no. But at least you get players to engage in the economy that will not now due to the time sink it is and will continue to be even with a larger player base. The reason it works in large MMO’s is because they are large like Boundless. 50 planets and growing. How can anyone expect an economy to work when the information provided to the consumer is so lacking.

I am honestly curious how having to shop makes up for a lack of quests or a story? especially for the players that have no interest in running a shop.

edit: I do not disagree that quests and some backstory might be a good idea for Boundless.

1 Like

Nice idea, but I would like it more if it was not a “neutral location” but the normal planet as otherwise you land in a boring area with only shops. I prefer the idea of a “new portal” type that lets you warp to items listed by the block of your point 1. So if you want to travel to a definite location like Dzassak PS Hub you need to take the good old portals we all know. If you want to travel to the white refined gleam that sells for 0.5 coins you take the new portal type that can open a free (for the user not for the mainainer as it runs on Oort) warp to any item on the list. Shops need that new portal to be connected.

Edit:
Plus as a user you see new locations as you dont know by the item to wich location (the white gleam seller could be on any planet on any location) you warp and can go back for free by using the sanctum and warp to your home. Well a temporary protection for athmospheres has to be added so anyone can use it safely maybe limited to the beacon of the seller after the warp (if you leave it you run out of air).

What’s wrong with relying on it? Me for instance only play a couple ish times a week so the little footfall I get helps me purchase blocks to continue building with. I have no interest in shop management or gathering as I don’t want to spend more time that it takes to continue my builds. :slight_smile: not everyone plays to run a shop etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because it’s not the tap. And no one seems to want to try to get the actual tap to give us more coin. Eventually the way people game the ff is going to have repercussions and it’s going to get “adjusted” again. And I’m not saying run a shop. Most of my coin wasn’t earned running a shop and definitely wasn’t from FF.

Tried, not divisive enough to stay on the front 10 pages.

1 Like

Fully support the idea of an AH in Boundless but would want to make sure it is implemented in such a way that player-owned shops aren’t obliterated. I think one way to accomplish this to actually make an in-game AH be nothing more than an automated listing board for the universe’s shop stands. You could then either (at minimum) get a location token to the shop stand in question or (at maximum) have the opportunity to open a one-way portal directly to the shop stand in question to purchase from the stand.

3 Likes

7 Likes

stunned

2 Likes

While I concede to the fact that having an AH would reduce the time spent trying to find items, I do not believe it will add any new meaningful layers on top of the games mechanics, if anything it will most likely simplify it down to what is expected in most other MMOs, which is

Constant Unrelenting Undercutting by no meaningful amount, And Bots that will automate the process of undercutting, and snatching up other peoples mistakes.

While I am not against an AH, I do not really support the idea either.

2 Likes

O.o there are players who game ff???

1 Like

While i agree About a possible bot Problem, i stand with the new layer, which is working the AH.
Botscan be reported and ist the game GMs Job to get rid of them. Much like gettingrid of xray Vision using People…sorry, not the Topic here i know. But fits in the same casket of we cannot Prevent stuff like that happeneing, Devs can.
One of my friends, while we played different MMOs, was an AH Player. He logged in for an hour or 3 just to buy and sell.
Does this reinforce the “No AH because undercutting” crowd? For sure.
But at the same time, it allows Players like him to Play the game he Plays like he wants and spend the time he has like he wants.
And Arent choices how to game ,what we all want in the game of our choice?

3 Likes

Other then it most likely would not be acted on, Even in WoW there are degrees of automation that are either undetectable or even legal, as some addons have a function to Snatch up mistakes automatically. Many WoW marketing addons aim to Automate the marketing process as far as legally possible by the API.

Reporting this would be quite hard, because a player doses’t have the tools to determine if someone is just AFK at the AH Machine or is actively manipulating it, and if the player was able to figure out if that player was actively manipulating it, then who is to say that the person is not manually doing so vs it being automatic.

Then if you take a look at the devs stance of the various mods that they allow that seem to read memory and network packets, I think it is pretty safe to say that, a marketing bot/tool, will likely go unpunished.

And that is a perfectly Valid way to play a game, It is also hands down by far the most profitable non-underhanded way to make the most money in most games, by playing the market.

The main reason why I mention this, as i can envision a modest amount of people complaining about Undercutting and Market PvP that slows down how fast they sell items by quite an amount, and then insisiting the devs find some way to make it „Fair“.

However on a personal level, I do not care, I done such myself in WoW and EVE Online, but I can see how it can be quite annoying to people who do not want to update their sell orders every 5mins or so

And it is for that reason I am neither for or against having an AH, There are also good and bad things for each side of the case, and I am unsure which is better.

1 Like

Actually from comments I’ve seen here an there from people that have phone calls from the devs some of those mods that have been “allowed” might not always be that way.

Think it comes down to what’s a bigger priority at the moment. Getting more content to the game to get more people/keep people or make changes to the code to stop some of the mods.

Would the price wars make items sell slower if you don’t update them actively? Yes. Would you sell them eventually even without updating, if your prices are average? Most probably yes. Would items sell faster than with the current system? On average I’d suspect yes, some shops that have above average pricing would see a drop in sales for sure, but is that a bad thing? With transparent pricing info the most important thing in your shop is no longer the location, but your prices. More fair imo, and better than what we currently have.

Can we talk about the middle ground between a full blown MMO AH with instant delivery and boundless’ “I guess I’ll go check a few hundred stores and see if I’m lucky and any of them are selling what I want for a reasonable price”? If you still had to walk to the shop to get your items, botting the “Price House” wouldn’t be so viable, shopkeeper gets FF, buyer would see the build etc.

You can still go explore the shops and not use the PH if you so choose. The OP doesn’t mention instant delivery, why is that an assumption in most of the posts against this?

3 Likes

But, the feature we want to see is less time lost obtaining an item. I don’t see how putting in more work is going to help me achieve that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ebay has forced increments, this could also be used for selling. Like, if the current price is 4000, either you can add it for 4000 or at least 15% less (3400). These are solved problems.

2 Likes

The more reasons to visit a build the better, and shops are a big part of that.
An in-game search function to find where to buy stuff at the cheapest prices would be a great addition.

My ideal scenario would be that the game would automatically (or players could designate an area) labal a beacon within a build with 5 or more shop stands (for example) as a shop and then you could open a world map and see these shops, and be able to double click on them and see what is for sale etc (tabbed format so not overwhelming if a lot of goods for sale)

I guess my points were not understood because an increment situation like this doesn’t solve the problem I was trying to communicate. It has to deal with the mindset and game play this system creates more than whether the price changes are 1, 2, 5, 10.

Not to mention that seeing prices doesn’t solve the economy problem.

I shared a proposal which I thought was a half-decent compromise but I guess maybe not since it didn’t seem to get much response.

I figured this idea would help an economy, which is all over the place, get to a more nominal state while not killing exploration and discovery. I also felt it preserved the hubs and portals already in existence by not giving out long range warping or just instant access to anyone’s shop on any world.

1 Like