Craftable drones - flying cameras for looking arround or making cool shots/movies

Since there are allready some videos in the net where people used ingame possibilities to create movies - called mechanimas - I thought about having a flying camara that you can craft and use to fly and look arround - not to far away from your character but enough to serve its purpose. Since we have a good amount of emotes, can move our chars quite flexible and can create the surroundings it will be a wonderful addition for community activities and also for making Boundless known (if the videos are watched by people who may be interested in the game)

it also could be used by players to have a look into areas without risking their live ingame, so it would also serve a gameplay purpose.

I think this is not a to complicated idea, so may be it finds it’s way to the game … I really really hope so! :wink:

I also added this idea to the trello board, so you may vote for it their :wink:

7 Likes

its not same but hzanging on a ceiling with grapple kinda does this but a drone hell yeah it can fit in with my loadable repairbot sugestion

2 Likes

It would be great if this was a biohacked Cuttletrunk that you craft using tech components and the drops from them. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I saw that Nvidia had a cool feature, only available on a few games and only if you have certain cards ofcourse. But still interesting imho.

Im posting a link here, high resolution, high dynamic, 360 degrees screenshot with free camera. Pretty neat.
https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/ansel

2 Likes

That Ansel tech with videos would be hardcore ^^ … But the screenies look great :wink: … But my thought was to have quite flexible flying cams, something that would not be possible with grapples or normal ingame positioning (like making bridges for the cam man). Think about long flyovers on a hunt or diving from a mountain into a cave where to end flying a bit over two people who just start a conversation. (but this paired with Amsel and VR … oooooooh booooooyyyyyy ^^)