[Crav] --[Tier 5 Toxic Exoworld]-- [Last Seen 23rd April 2019] Landscape

Right though? I just want some Shadow Red and Shadow Fuschia already…

1 Like

The oortian gods have looked down on us. Once again, they laugh.

But thanks @Gorillastomp

3 Likes

waited all these days for this ugly place with ugly rock and ugly gleam. Is this what we should expect? 90% ugly and 10% worth while on occasion?

1 Like

I’d argue the 1st 3 were pretty cool. The 4th was ok. I have yet to travel to this one myself but shadow red mud could be promising for a future build cooking in my brain :thinking:

1 Like

I loved the first ones. I’m speaking only about this past weekend. The first ones are why I don’t enjoy the rest of the game anymore. I liked T7 hunts, I liked finding new resources, I liked the new gleam. Now the existing planets are a yawn fest, I haven’t even gone mining since the T7s. No hunts. I was excited for the next planet and ts brown and pee gleam. Honestly the brown rock can work for me, its chocolate colored which will make a place “cozy” but the rest can gtfoimo. just my opinion.

1 Like

Here are all the blocks:

I’m disappointed - it’s basically Flan with different colors. Would be nice to see different biomes.

2 Likes

Are these previously unknown rock colours?

2 Likes

Ovis, I love ya bro. You’re hilarious! :rofl:

3 Likes

I know I know, it’s a talent. You can’t really learn it, your just born with or without it :muscle:

looks around for someone to answer his genuine question :joy:

4 Likes

Oh myyy… Well, ehem. They’re the same as what you get from just about every other T5 or T6 world in the game with a few exceptions. lol. Serp is the main one that springs to mind with these green/yellow/mustard/whatever colours. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Opinion below. To be read in a calm, critical voice, not angry and unhinged.

They really need to make the color range rolls wider / wilder for these to be interesting and worth visiting. Exoworlds should be rare and feel rewarding. The current spawn rate feels good, but save for T7s, they miss the mark on delivering anything exciting at the moment.

It IS fun on T7s because there is new content (hard hunts / meteors, limited new resources) to make it worth the trip and coin. That’s why the engagement rate was high. It felt refreshing in a Boundless universe that hasn’t seen change in a long time.

What’s the point of another T5? One that is temporary, has no resource regeneration, no special resource, no increased resource density, no special biome or landmark and the same dull color palette. Heck, you don’t even keep the atlas as a souvenir if you bothered fully exploring it. It’s wasted potential. Make them special on one or more of the axes above and they will be interesting enough to warrant a visit. I understand we need some spawns to include lower level players, but these are still 2000+ coin to warp to for literally nothing they can’t get on the existing planets. Make them interesting and I’m OK with a T1 spawn.

Exoworlds are a great mechanic to make it feel like something is always happening in an otherwise static universe where frankly 50 planets are too much for the player count. It can keep people hooked, always anticipating the next one (What will it be this time?) and would certainly help increase player retention between releases. I came back to Boundless for exoworlds and I’m certain I’m not the only one. Don’t squander that opportunity!

Just my thoughts, I’ll probably make my way to Crav anyway :wink:

7 Likes

I have to agree.

When Exoworlds were announced and details given, I got pretty excited. I was most excited by the promise of rare and new block colours. So far, same ole, same ole. a bit disappointing and this is the main reason why I haven’t visited a single one yet. Another main reason I haven’t been to one is the coin cost. I don’t see any point in paying out a few thousand coin if there’s nothing really of interest for me there.

I really hope that the Wonderful Wizards of Devs can do something about both of these downsides. Lower the warp cost a little and kick the colour palette code Monkeys where it hurts until they get the canvas looking all pretty and new.

PS: I do not condone cruelty to animals. Do not take my words too literally. Treat those monkeys with kindness. No Kicking!

7 Likes

as I said, I’m disappointed - totally agree that exoworlds should offer something different, not only in terms of color palette but also biomes

I discovered 10 regions, ran around and mined deep to see terrain same as on worlds we already have.

3k coins gone for nothing (or very little) new.

If spawning and generating of exoworlds is automated, wouldn’t it be better if the algorithm excluded already known color palettes and biome combinations?

9 Likes

:point_up:YES PLEASE! If nothing else, at least this! :point_up::point_up::point_up:

11 Likes

they also force you to spend points on warp distance even when 99% of us have an alt for teleports. forcing us to waste even more of our scarce points on BS.

1 Like

That’s why I’m glad I went the route of skill pages. Different mining and explorer builds for the exos.

1 Like

1 Like

Out of 255 possible colors… Soul-crushingly hellarious. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

What! You guys aren’t into these crazy rocks! Sorry, I haven’t even gotten there yet… I might skip it…

BUT, I really like the exo mechanic. And even if rng pulls another fast one, every once in a while you get a perfect forge. Oh sorry, a planet. You get a perfect planet.

Thanks devs for exo’s. They do keep me a bit on edge.

4 Likes