Creative - Can't add weather quirk

I can’t add weather quirk to tools from creative knowledge menu.

2 Likes

The problem might not be the quirk, but the wayfarer totem. I am pretty sure that is still restricted to some backers even on creative (not sure if you are one of those, if so it might be a different issue).

I was able to add it to a spanner and give to myself without issue on creative.

Screenshot 2020-11-16 032121

Screenshot 2020-11-16 032144

3 Likes

Did some testing, it works once you add a boon somewhere, so i guess you can’t add only quirk on a tool.

1 Like

If you prefer totems, if you remove the “able to craft” filter you can get both the gleambow totem and candy totem with the clear weather quirk as well.

Ah, yeah I see what you are saying… if you add just the quirk to it (looks like it applies it), it gives you the item but the quirk does not appear to be applied when in inventory… but if you equip it, it does give you the quirk buff … its just not listed on the tool when you look at it. So maybe a bug where the tool is not displaying that it has the quirk after forging unless it also has a boon applied to it?

2 Likes

Another question for the one that used it, why when i sue it it removes the snow then when i unequip it the snow is back ? Is this intended ?

I think normally the weather, and snow, are only removed while you have the quirk buff applied.

I did notice that when i had the weather “mod” json files in use and used the clear weather quirk item it had the opposite affect… heavy snow cover all the time with the clear weather quirk on. But after removing the mod files the clear weather quirk worked as i thought it should.

Did you check this on the normal totem as well?

I did not, but the tooltip is clearly wrong, when it says : “This trait has not yet been added”.

We found out that when you select a boon with that quirk, it will show the correct tooltip on the items.

Like @Soju-VB stated, when you apply only a quirk it will not show on the item but will give the buff when using the item.

I have a totem in survival that has rain weather quirk and no boons, but it doesn’t show anything when inspected. I don’t forge enough to know how normal this is. Does this happen with any quirk-only item?

I think this is not normal.

I will check with my clan but i could have swore some one mentioned that the quirk wasnt showing up on some items. im remember off some late night mining so not 100% sure atm

Thanks for the reply. In any case, I’ve added the issue about the quirk to the database.

1 Like