Creature Idea: Wrecking Ball

Or, in words: A cave dweller. When it sees a player (or other creature?), it…

1. …hops straight up
  2. …grapples to the ceiling above the player
  3. …curls into a ball
  4. …smash!

(I was asking myself what would happen if creatures had grappling hooks; this was where I ended up)

14 Likes

That´s quite a nice and unique idea but I don´t want to trade with the poor programmer that has to make the AI for this creature :smile:

4 Likes

Aww that is cute and terrible at the same time. :smiley:

7 Likes

I like this. Would love to find a creature that can use this ability.

5 Likes

I have a NAME FOR IT

Cyrus

We clawed, we chained our hearts in vain
We jumped never asking why
We kissed, I fell under your spell.
A love no one could deny

Don’t you ever say I just walked away
I will always want you
I can’t live a lie, running for my life
I will always want you

I came in like a wrecking ball

4 Likes

I like the idea,but if there’s no blocks above,then what. I think they should hop up and levitate quickly towards you,then,Boom!!!

I assume it is a cave creature.

5 Likes

Lol it’s a cave creature. You miss a lot when you skim :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I know😂 if the cave is really big,and the nearest block is more than 50 meters high,then what.

Then attempt to charge the target? I don’t think I’ve ever encountered a cave that large before.

As I read this on my phone, I did not get a chance to say just how cool the idea is. Oh, I guess I just did. :wink:

4 Likes

It could happen,but I think it would be cool if it levitated toward you.

Then it don’t spawn simple as that.

1 Like

I know a certain dev… (Claudio) who would love to create a wrecking ball!
Its a great idea - thanks for sharing.

5 Likes

This would be an easy creature to do a parody song for :wink:

5 Likes

I want traps so if you step on the wrong block in a cave it will shoot arrows, darts, and open doors to hordes of monsters. So please GIVE ME THE POWER.

1 Like

Maybe it’s only real attack is the wrecking ball. If you can stay out in the “open” it just tries to avoid you, or charges. I like the idea of having each creature be defensible through lore… like, with the Debug Pig you gotta run or climb a tree (or kill), and with this Wrecking Ball, you got to remember to stay out from under close blocks in caves, etc. Kind of like the stalagtite creature in Half-Life where you just learn to watch what’s above your head. In Oort caves, you learn to try to stay out in the open (which will be hard). Maybe preceed this guy with a telltale sound that reverberates in the caves, and you start to get out of close spaces.

EDIT: cool idea, by the way!

2 Likes

A possibility; it SPAWNS on the ceiling and swings around smashing things when threatened

4 Likes

Sounds awesome…but PLEASE dont call it Cyrus LOL :laughing:

1 Like

SHE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED!!!

Interesting idea though