Current Contributions and Contributors on main page?

So, I am weird, and I watch weird things.
Like on the main page of oortonline.com there is a backer ticker that shows total funding process and # of backers…
I have kept some stats over the past few days and wondered how you all report this…

• 3/5/15 $260,489 6,794 Backers
  • 3/5/15 $260,489 6,794 Backers
  • 3/9/15 $261,559 6,806 Backers
  • 3/11/15 $260,714 6,812 Backers
  • 3/12/15 $268,573 6,810 Backers

It was just sort of weird to me to see things fluctuate with the up and down of backers and funds from 3/9 to 3/12. I’m sure this was something that is updated automatically but I don’t know it made me a bit afraid that something was incorrect.

1 Like

Don’t worry, we keep a close eye on it too. Something to note: the wordpress plugin we use has a tendency to cache weirdly or not show everyone the same thing. It’s not something we’re going to look at because it always sorts out after a bit.

The rapid upwards fluctuation today was :tada: someone buying to top Oortian tier :tada:

5 Likes

I know it’s interesting to look at but I’d recommend not obsessing over it too much. Best time to look is at the end of every month when we add the Steam sales :smile:

1 Like

Wow, thats awesome!
Congrats to whoever scooped up that tier!
Yeah, I wasn’t meaning anything negative towards you all, honestly I watch the progress because I want it to be funded more and more and if i could afford to continue to back you further I absolutely would!
I just noticed it and thought I would make sure it was at your alls attention :smile:

2 Likes

What?!? Wow that’s great! Although I’m kinda sad now that Master is no longer highest :wink:

Edit: I’ll just have to upgrade my tier before they run out!

2 Likes

Do it! :tada:

1 Like

Challenge accepted.

wish i had that kind of money xD

1 Like

Ben you need to put something like this on the site, its epic and congratulations :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t have any more cars to sell. :confused:

1 Like

The # of backers and $ will also go up and down when we cancel purchases. Sadly people keep trying to buy the game with stolen paypal credentials, or they buy it with their own and then claim we don’t deliver the product and demand refunds, etc. It’s a real pain because we need to process all these purchases. (We also need to be really careful that we don’t cancel a purchase from someone who genuinely wants to buy the game but has genuinely had a payment issue.) We’ve also caught people buying multiple versions (with stolen details) and then attempting to sell the keys on forums.

But don’t worry - we cancel all the keys and accounts. I think it’s important we do this (hence the #s go down) to respect the backers who have genuinely supported the project.

1 Like