Decorative Crops lasting less than 2 weeks?

Either way, they are, just like grass, not meshes. Other plants are… Not sure if the deco crops are meshes or like the other crops? Will need to walk around one and see if they look ‘flat’

The deco crop are definitely not flat. I’d even say they’re too thick. ^^

I like them… just like in real life anything I plant in the garden dies in a week or 2 from neglect.

Yeah but even if it didn’t, why would Boundless have to be bound to real-life limitations? It’s BOUNDLESS for Christ’s sake!

Yeah, sorry it was just a joke about how I can’t keep things alive in real life or in the game. An attempt to lighten the mood.

2 Likes

Yeah. Havok did it 2 days ago in this very thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

dammit!!! haha, I should of known better and checked first!

So I saw players selling seeds for the plants at 10K and 5K each. . seems a bit high considering it is about what 100 prestige each plant?

Maybe it’s the crest seeds, he ones that only drop on exo-worlds?

maybe. . that makes them rare

But still about 60k to 120k a year for 100 prestige not counting the cost of fertilizer seems a bit high. I am sure their are players with enough spare coin.

EDIT: Nope Ornamental oortweed not the Sentinels Crest, it has a rare color flower used to make it

< sigh >
I mean, this morning, of the flowers which still had to mature, I got two more which are set to die in about 11 days, so my opinion of this feature keep going down and down.
If they find people to spend more coins than a T7 diamond hammer found at the Golden Fist, but on flowers that might die 1 day after maturing, I mean, good for them…

Now it is possible the people who may have bought them do not understand they cannot be planted to generate a seed. That could be some very disappointed customers.

Or they have more coin than they know what to do with.

Yeah I was checking my plants on test for a few days but got tired of having to take care of them real fast.

Thing is, these plants were not tested as much as they should have.
I tried to report my findings a little, but people were more concerned about the buffer zones (for very good reasons).
The side-effect of that is that most players don’t know how they work, with or without patch-notes.
There wasn’t enough talks on the forums about them.

1 Like

These are crazy short times.
For me to be interested, plants would have last, at the very least, 3 months (maybe have different seasonal plants!)… Too much hassle otherwise.
such a shame as they do look great.

3 Likes

1 month would be fine for me. 3 months would be like

This is sad. I was looking forward to using these deco crops but i’ll pass until they’re fixed. Fertilizing once every two weeks at the most would be ok but I’m not about to maintain these things multiple times a day just for them to die anyway.

To be fair, I can’t say if it changes anything to check several times a day. But clearly, if the day a flower matures and it rolls on the 11 days thing, and the next day, it rolls again and decides that the flower will die earlier, yeah, you’re boned.

1 Like

not quite sure why decorative plants have to die at all…a system of keeping them fed/watered on a regularly basis would be a nice alternative, which would also revive dead, long neglected, plants.

Maybe visitors could also water/feed (xp?)…good for those where beacon owners going into prison for a stretch (or off on holiday etc)

Is there something you need to tell us?

2 Likes

It’s all because they want us to get out in the wild to make new ones and/or buy/trade new ones.
Which, honestly, seems too much like forcing things.
I’m not forced to go mine for more stones/gleam, etc. I just do it because I want to. Should be the same with seeds.