Decorative ice

I doubt they’d be able to be transparent (do a quick forum search on tinted glass) because its an engine limitation.

I do agree with having decorative ice though!

4 Likes

Think we can get decorative mud or mud bricks?? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We have to get something to do with the mud, I second this one!!

Mud bricks is cool with me.

4 Likes

There will be so many colors of mud in the universe and huge fields of it! It is really a travesty that there is no use for it so far like bricks and stuff… I really wonder WHAT the developers do all day!!! (said with tons of sarcasm)

1 Like

they must be making mud pies. . said with equal sarcasm.

3 Likes

Everone is talking about mud! Whats with gravel? I’m throwing it out of the window with both hands!

4 Likes

What I hate is when I throw it out and then accidently walk to close and pick it up again without noticing. . :confounded:

3 Likes

My spouse claims I am a mud slinger… Oh Kirinvar, I have tones of places the texture of gravel fits into a build. given not many places.

Actually it’s funny that gravel is nothing in Boundless, even though technically it’s stones. But we have to beat our rocks into gravel to make stones in the game.

Also has anyone checked if Sponge has been fixed to NOT be a negative prestige when placed, and if it no longer looks like burnt toast? Would be cool if there were different color sponges like in the oceans “in other universes”.

1 Like

I would also think the new doors should be a positive. I think the old ones were a small negative.

I think there should be no negatives if we farmed a resource or built something. It should always be a positive. And the rarer or harder the resource only means more of a positive. imo

2 Likes

Have you seen al the nice mud color on the test universe :grinning:
Lots of opportunities for mud or clay bricks if you ask me :+1:
If only we could make them.
But … this is off topic here of course

it is a little off topic but I did see it and that makes me want them to do something like bricks even more

1 Like

I agree with decorations on ice.

Also to go passed that even more, it would be really cool if ice could be processed to dry ice, and instead of translucent,( hard to do) the processed ice would have small steam/fog emitting off all the exposed sides. They can do that. Our beacons and campfires have smoke. Imagine small granular of white smoke emitting from those blocks. Most likely the effect should be limited to a small radius so it’s not hard on the engine or overpowering a build with fog.

WOW

In one of the new test worlds theres black gravel, which would look nice for a road if you’re looking for a blacktop style

2 Likes

I would like black gravel. You are right it would be great for roads and such. I did use the white gravel that was available in the old universe a few times. . never used the gold/tan/bland home world gravel other than for scaffolding when building.

2 Likes

I used the black gravel around my door. Love that we have black in the game now other than coal.

a pic of the gravel

1 Like

That does look nice. . using that with something white and blue gleam would be really cool.

there will be! and there was!
I saw blue sponge on the hunting servers so I’ll bet there will be many colours out there! :smiley:

:scream: :star_struck:

also that gravel is very nice!

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I think the colors will be fine in the new system. I was worried with how washed out things are. But I am getting use it now. On test the green grass is super green and lush. And all colors there seem better.

I used yellow gravel on a Sponge Bob statue, because the Sponge actually made him look like burnt toast.

3 Likes

omg that spongebob was you? that thing was glorious.
in over a year of playing boundless, that was the only build I ever came across that made me stop and stand there for over 5 minutes laughing.
such a great use of the yellow gravel! and those boots. :joy:

and now we’ve completely hijacked the thread.
oops! sorry OP!

2 Likes