CRAZY IDEA : Decorative warp / conduit

Hey there.
I’d be surprised if I was the only one who thought that it’d be cool to have a room heavily decorated with warp/conduit blocks.
But the rules to make portals often prevents us from doing that.

So I thought… what if we could take warp/conduit blocks and mix them in a refinery with gleam to obtain “decorative warp/conduit”.
Easy to implement, it would just be a warp/conduit block that cannot be used to open any portal, and always glows with the color of the used gleam :

So you’d be able to have these galactic runes glowing in the colors you want, and you could even make a room with that pattern on the floor!

8 Likes

Yes I love this idea. I’ve always wished the warp and portal blocks would hold the color of the block they’re crafted from. They’re super neat looking.

I think the patterns would lend themselves to some pretty cool art/sculpture pieces.

I’d really like that.

Especially since meteorite have the warp material but are looking… kinda chiseled, and we can’t chisel warp/conduit.
But with decorative versions of these… we could!

It could be just like beam/pole function too(basic/stylish/ornate) Where as I’d like the block itself to stay a certain color, and you’re idea of a gleam for the glow, the combinations are pretty, you might even say, Boundless! :joy::+1:t2:

I wish that the “active” blocks would retain their contrast a little better. I would LOVE decorative versions of these.

It seems to me that at some point the blue in these active ones stood out a lot more, but that may be to do with my current graphics settings.

1 Like