Delay when changing hands after and action (screenshots)

I have experienced this for a while but didn’t know why it was happening, thought it was random. But I have found that it’s easily reproducible, to the point of it may very well being an intended feature.

For this example I have a hammer equip (works with any tool):

If I swing the hammer, and then instantly change to my fist weapon (in this example I have a fist on either hand), It switches my hand that wasn’t used (right hand) but keeps the hammer in my left hand for a couple seconds even though as you can see in the bottom left of the screen, the fist weapon is selected on the wheel:

I am spamming my right click to try and fire off the fist weapon that I have my right hand, but it won’t fire until my left hand ‘catches up?’ and switches to the fist weapon. Only then can I fire either of my weapons:

#

To reproduce: Have a tool in one hand, then have a selection you can switch to that would equip you a fist weapon in both hands. Use the hammer, then instantly switch to your double fist weapon selection and try fire one off. You won’t be able to fire for a couple of seconds.

This isn’t a huge pain, but if this was changed/fixed it would make hunting/gathering feel a lot smoother, and possibly save some deaths in those moments you need to clutch a kill :slightly_smiling_face:

I can provide more info if needed, and hope you had a good easter break :fist:

1 Like

Theres been a similar bug on PS4. At least i hope its a bug because its been a thing since console launch. You have items in both hands and go to switch one and it also switches the other. Very frequently. Like very. Sometimes it means life or death, most of the time its just an annoyance but either way it really really needs fixed. Its not my controller or anything as it happens to my friends too.

What format are you playing the game on? If I understood this correctly, I think it looks like the switching isn’t occurring instantly because the left hand is in the middle of executing the animation. It’s a fair point, so I’ll add this to the database.

1 Like

Playing on PC. Yeh I’m pretty sure that’s the issue, which is a fair enough intended feature, just thought I’d add it because maybe the delay is a little too long? :slight_smile:

Cheers! :fist: