Deleted beacon from list and reclaim items don't appear anymore

Hi,

I have done the following:

• reclaimed my beacon (beacon A)
  • made a new beacon and set it as home beacon (beacon B)
  • deleted old one from from my list (Places->Beacons, beacon A)
  • now I seem to be unable to get my items back (from A)? Can this be recovered? I had a lot!

Regards,

didn’t it show a warning when attempting to unlist the reclaimed beacon ? I did a similar thing recently and I vaguely remember a warning that made me go and reclaim it first

1 Like

You had to confirm that you were getting rid of your reclaim items when you deleted the beacon from your list. So it’s unlikely anything can be done

1 Like

I just did as usual - perhaps this time I deleted the beacon location from the list first instead of reclaiming on the new, then deleting from the list. I just inserter the name and number of plots as usual…
Really nothing can be done? Quite hard to have the will to play when I lost thousands of items. But I understand, it’s user error.

ps. Isn’t it somewhere on “the cloud”? In a log file or something?

Regards,

It was unlikely number of plots you entered when deleting from your list and actually number of items you were getting rid of

That I remember as I did it 5 minutes ago. I inserted 13 - number of removed plots.

Regards,

Oh. Well I’m at a loss. I was certain it had a warning when doing that. I know for sure there’s a warning when discarding a reclaim via the beacon. I also know you have to keep the beacons on your list that have a reclaim till you finish reclaiming them. Seems odd to be able to delete it without a warning and not having it in the beacon reclaim spot

Hopefully @james or @vdragon can help you out. Tho it probably won’t be till Monday

It does ask to confirm

2 Likes

It honestly sounds like you deleted the beacon from your list before initiating the reclaim at your new beacon.
Honestly, not the first time I’ve seen this happen.

1 Like

Could setting the new beacon as “home beacon” have any influence?
Because I had more than 13 items - the number I inserted. And I do remember perfectly that it was asking to confirm the number of plots!

ps. I don’t deny I have committed user error. I don’t want to argue against that - I just wish to inquire if it is possible to recover from the mistake.

Regards,

I had a weird similar situation. No reclaim was available after I 1) reclaimed 2)placed a new beacon 3) decided it was a poor spot so placed 2nd new beacon and deleted first. All were set as home immediately.

I then panicked, ran to the old spot, ran around more then placed beacon 3 very close to beacon 2 (which I smashed) and it all worked fine. Did definitely need an underwear change too.

Do you still get the sanctum message saying you had a reclaim available, because until I placed 3rd beacon I got nothing. Obviously like you seem to indicate I didnt reclaim anything on 1st or 2nd beacon, so didn’t get a warning you would lose anything (as there was no active reclaim on those beacons.

Perhaps placing amd deleting a beacon that was home without emptying reclaim messes with the system

I’ll try setting a 3rd beacon and see if that helps.

Later Edit: 3rd beacon did not solve the problem…
Later Edit: Removed 3rd beacon from the list without any warnings

Regards,

Did you begin the reclaim process on the fresh beacon you placed …the 1st “new” one

Well if you get to the situation where you have to replace stuff, let us know. People like myself will be glad to help you get replacement machines, etc.

Thank you for the replies. While I appreciate the offer to get help with replacing machines and such, I feel the loss is too high - so I want my exact items back. I had fully coiled machines which are not rare - but I had thousands of rocks of different colors as well.

ps. No reclaim became available on 2nd or 3rd beacon. Now 3rd is gone.

Let’s see if an admin can restore or if it’s lost forever.

Regards,

Is it possible that you actually deleted the first beacon? I mean, from the world, not the beacon list.

You can reclaim or delete a beacon from the world, and if you delete it, the items in the beacon are not placed into a reclaim storage.

1 Like

1st one was reclaimed because it said that reclaiming is in progress then the place turned to ash.
The issue is that I went to the new beacon and thought “time to delete the old place from the list”.

ps. I really feel there should be an “undo” button for things this.

Regards,

1 Like

Have you been using more than one character or alt?

Yes, but all other characters are gone.
I am playing with one character only for few days now.

@james - is there anything which can be done to recover? I am hoping the lost items are clinging for their life on some database.

Regards,

It starts to feel like all hope is lost…

Regards,