Deleting a friend goes both ways

Deleting a friend goes both ways. If you delete someone off your list you automatically get deleted of theirs. That way they can not stalk you and warp in on you. Or just have an option to where you can not be warped to.

19 Likes

Did you see me hiding in the corner finally :crazy_face:. Yes I agree with this. If I unfriend someone it should give the option to have you removed from their list also. Only reason I say it should give an option to remove yourself from their list is because when leading people friend you, I would let people friend incase they needed to teleport. I would remove them as a friend though so they couldnā€™t accidentally grapple me during time running to the meteor. So I feel an option would be best.

6 Likes

That fact you can be on someoneā€™s Friend list but not have them on yours is absolutely bizarre.

Does this actually give them the option to grapple you without you being able to do it back?
If you added someone and they start harassing you with the grapple is there actually nothing you can do to stop them? (not counting reporting them as it isnā€™t immediate).

Absolutely needs to be changed so deleting a friend deletes you off of their list as well.

Also the adding friends when creating a new character is really odd as well as it again adds them as your friend but does add you as theirs?

3 Likes

Only can grapple if both still friended. If we friended each other then can grapple each other, but if I delete you but you still are friended with me it then cancels the grappling ability.

2 Likes

I would trade delete off both list to allow everyone be grappled. Id raither drown in the ocean than be on some peoples list.

1 Like

Auto adding on a new alt requires the other player to do the same or manually add as friend. At least that is how it works for PS4. It doesnā€™t cross over to PC for me (me PS4).
Donā€™t know how it works the other way around.

Grapple a friend works only if both are friends.
(At least that was the case when I tested it with a friend).

1 Like

Iā€™m referring to how the auto-add will only be one way, and how that is super weird.
It adds them to my friendā€™s list but doesnā€™t add me to theirsā€¦ why?
And then I donā€™t even know that Iā€™m not on their friend list until they tell me because they just look like an ordinary friend.

1 Like

Sorry miss read it. :wink:

It would also be nice if blocking messages from a player covered all of their alts, but it only covers the one specific character.

1 Like

I guess I never had a reason to test/confirm this, I thought it worked this way already.

This should be the default in any app.

3 Likes

It is very odd this is not the norm. Perhaps itā€™s a bug?

It would be nice if the number of friends you were allowed to have was also increased. As a hunt leader, I have times when I canā€™t add more friends because I am cappedā€¦ I hate deleting people and the maintenance of it is also a hassle.

6 Likes

Agreed, im maxxed out on friends too. 1k friends plz

4 Likes

I too constantly have to delete people. Itā€™s especially problematic since I do lots of permissioning.

4 Likes

Yeah same here

somewhat related: When you use the ā€œadd steam friendsā€ button in-game, it adds friends to your character, but does not add you to their characters

2 Likes

as i love to love this idea as i did suggest this myself a while backā€¦

mainly cos friends can warp to you and wellā€¦ i can continue going on and on and on about this but is there a point to do soā€¦

3 Likes

I would like to see a way to hide beacons as well. So they donā€™t show up on compass.

Out of curiosity why? I do understand the benefits to deleting a friend affecting both characters, but what benefit does hiding a beacon provide? If a new player or really any player is looking for a place to build, at least by seeing the beacons around them, they have a chance to figure out if there is enough space for them to build what they want. This is especially important if a beacon is underground.

1 Like

It would still show if you turn on plot viewer. I want beacons not to show up on the compass for better scavenger hunt designs.

1 Like