@dev what does this go to?

I was playing around with customizing some of the ui when I stumbled upon these 2 .dds files but I couldnt pin point what they went to?

side note: also I was wondering where the location of the compass border was?

1 Like

It looks like bodyparts and the corresponding shadow mappings (can’t remember the proper name^^)

But it looks interesting indeed^^

i’m pretty sure that’s a “normal map” (but the colors look strange … normaly they are blue/cyan/magenta)

1 Like

Normal maps are used for shadows if I’m not mistaken, right?^^

1 Like

yes, on textures.
eg. if there is a crack in a material.

1 Like

Just found the post from Luca.

I think all blocks do have at least these 4 maps on top of the actual texture. And creatures most likely have them too. So if the colors look strange for a normal map it might as well be one of the last two maps.
I say its a specular map^^

@lucadeltodecso Can you clear up what it actually is and for which model?^^

Don’t know what those textures are of. But the normal map is stored with just 2 channels using green and alpha channels for best quality when using dds compression (dxt5 in this case), specular and e missive are a second texture combined in green+alpha again then colour in its own. The purple visible in the dds occurs as part of the compression

Artists author as is standard though, this stuff happens as part of automatic build steps

lol I knew what they were I was just wondering what they went to. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s for one of the flora types :thumbsup:

4 Likes