Difference in furnaces?

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between a stone furnace vs an iron furnace, utility wise, other than just its aesthetics and the materials needed to make it?

1 Like

This should enlighten you. :wink:

1 Like

And this is also valuable, and should be still up to date for the current live version.

1 Like

Thanks. Guess I will be mass farming Peaty Soil and Compact Peat.

1 Like

I typically try to do the same and use my coal for spark in my spark core. :wink:

So, I now have a stone furnace and an iron furnace side by side but they don’t show any difference in speed. Both still at 1.0x.

As the pictures from @Karokendo show in that link, you won’t see a difference in speed multiplier, but the actual time should be less. And that is for a Titanium Furnace compared to a Stone Furnace. I’m not sure there’s any difference between Iron and Stone Furnaces. Keep in mind the game is pre-alpha so things might not be showing properly in this regard. :wink:

ok… thx much for the info.

1 Like

To further clarify, the speed multiplier comes from the fuel used in the Furnace, as is shown in the other link I gave. :wink:

iron furnace with 1 compact peat will cook 1 meat for 40 sec, titanium furnace - 30 sec

1 Like

Looks like I have to work towards getting me some titanium.

1 Like

I just triend compact peat in an iron furnance, the speed is 0.6x.

1 Like

Yeah but the speed difference is about 3 seconds, to 10 seconds. If you’re offline, cooking with pest won’t be noticeable.

Use a titanium furnace and it balances it out too

But it give 2 cycles, it’s more efficient.
In the furnaces i use only peat, and all the coal that i have i burn it in the power cores

1 Like